Can deleting a category delete products?

I tried creating the "All Products" hidden category in my multi-vendor marketplace, but to my surprise I'm not able add the newly added category to the already existing products even through the main admin panel.

Is there any restriction that already existing products cannot be added to new categories? I don't see the rational behind it.

I tried creating the "All Products" hidden category in my multi-vendor marketplace, but to my surprise I'm not able add the newly added category to the already existing products even through the main admin panel.

Is there any restriction that already existing products cannot be added to new categories? I don't see the rational behind it.

This issue is happening, because of "Vendor Plans addon". Once I disable the addon I'm able to see the new categories for existing products.

Not why the vendor plans addon is causing the error.

This issue is happening, because of "Vendor Plans addon". Once I disable the addon I'm able to see the new categories for existing products.

Not why the vendor plans addon is causing the error.

Looks like a bug. Please contact CS-Cart support team

Not why the vendor plans addon is causing the error

Figured out the issue, it is happening because of the vendor plans add-on and is not really a bug, but a feature.

We can specify the categories that is applicable to a "Vendor Plan". So a vendor(or admin edit the product on behalf of the vendor) belonging to a specific "Vendor Plan" will be able to add products only those categories. Any new category if not updated in the vendor plan, will get displayed in the available categories to the vendor.

Figured out the issue, it is happening because of the vendor plans add-on and is not really a bug, but a feature.

We can specify the categories that is applicable to a "Vendor Plan". So a vendor(or admin edit the product on behalf of the vendor) belonging to a specific "Vendor Plan" will be able to add products only those categories. Any new category if not updated in the vendor plan, will get displayed in the available categories to the vendor.

Wrongly mentioned

Any new category if not updated in the vendor plan, will get displayed in the available categories to the vendor.

Correct statement is

Any new category if not updated in the vendor plan, will get "not" displayed in the available categories to the vendor or vendor products.