Can A Spreadsheet Format Be Used To Import & Export Data ?

I would like to use a spreadsheet to update all my pricing, but I'm not sure how to do this if it can be done. In other programs that I use, I make columns of information using a spreadsheet program (excel,quattro pro etc) and save as .csv. Then import into the program and define the columns as to what information each column contains and I'm done.

When I try to export data, products (from cscart) and use one of these programs to open the .csv file, I get a whole bunch of gibberish. I am trying to download my products and pricing, make my changes and then import this back into cscart.

Can this be done??

Sure it can be done, export>products, select product code and price, then export as comma seperated csv

JOhn

Just remember if you use an comma's in you description you will get errors and messed up data…

We use TAB delimited and that works great… Our experiances…

[quote name='CarStickersDecals' timestamp='1398818301' post='182672']

Just remember if you use an comma's in you description you will get errors and messed up data…

We use TAB delimited and that works great… Our experiances…

[/quote]

Try to use descriptions wrapped in double quotes. It should help

Interesting. I can view the file using File editor in my cscart, but if I use MS works or Quattro Pro to open a .csv, I get a message that says unable to open. If I use Open Office, I get a lot of mumbo jumbo.

How does any one else do what I wish to do?

What spreadsheet programs are you using?

mke sure its exporting encoding correctly, I read here somewhere a few weeks back there was a small bug?

JOhn