Can't Upload/attach Images To Product And See New Categories After Upgrading To Php 5.3

Cart: Version 2.2.5 Professional

PHP version: 5.3.6

Since upgrading PHP from 5.2 to 5.3, I have been seeing some problems.

1. None of the new categories I created sine 5.2 shows up in the category dropdown. One was a new root category and the other is a subcategory of an existing root category. All existing ones are fine. EDIT: I cleared the cache three more times and the Categories are OK now.
  2. I have been not been able to add any product images to a product or to a category. Nothing happens. I do get a link to the image where the image would show up on the Product Details Page, but the file itself was never uploaded to the images/detailed/1/ folder.

I have been able to ftp an image to the upload folder and apply this image to a category description field, but not to a product.

My file folder permissions are 755 and files 644.

I did notice that the VAR/Compiled folder/Admin, Customer and Mail folders are 777. If I change these to 755, then I just get a blank white page(admin and customer side) that says “error detected”.

Any ideas? Probably a setting or permissions somewhere.

Thanks,

Bob

[quote name='pbannette' timestamp='1398019486' post='181979']

Cart: Version 2.2.5 Professional

PHP version: 5.3.6

Since upgrading PHP from 5.2 to 5.3, I have been seeing some problems.

1. None of the new categories I created sine 5.2 shows up in the category dropdown. One was a new root category and the other is a subcategory of an existing root category. All existing ones are fine. EDIT: I cleared the cache three more times and the Categories are OK now.
  2. I have been not been able to add any product images to a product or to a category. Nothing happens. I do get a link to the image where the image would show up on the Product Details Page, but the file itself was never uploaded to the images/detailed/1/ folder.

I have been able to ftp an image to the upload folder and apply this image to a category description field, but not to a product.

My file folder permissions are 755 and files 644.

I did notice that the VAR/Compiled folder/Admin, Customer and Mail folders are 777. If I change these to 755, then I just get a blank white page(admin and customer side) that says “error detected”.

Any ideas? Probably a setting or permissions somewhere.

Thanks,

Bob

[/quote]

Hello!

It seems that the “images” directory does not have the “777” permissions in your CS-Cart installation. You should set up the “777” permission to the “images” directory and all its subdirectories and files.

Thanks,

I'll try that tonight. I did not think the image files also had 777. So, 777 should be for both the Folders and the files?

Thanks, Should 777 be anywhere else? Should the VAR folder itself and all directories also be 777?

Bob

Another questions. If file folders and files need to be 777, then doesn't the local.config.php file need to be changed to reflect this? I think it says now Folder: 755 and files 644.

Thanks,

Bob

[quote name='pbannette' timestamp='1398092002' post='182017']

Another questions. If file folders and files need to be 777, then doesn't the local.config.php file need to be changed to reflect this? I think it says now Folder: 755 and files 644.

Thanks,

Bob

[/quote]

Please find correct permissions:

config.local.php 644
/images and content 777
/skins and content 777
/var and content 777
other folders - 755
other files - 644

Thanks.

Hi,

Will reset permissions as you stated.

How about smartoptimizer. Should this also be 777. I am getting messages with blocks that it can't create a cache file. There is a cache folder in the smartoptimizer folder, set to 0755.

[quote name='pbannette' timestamp='1398188396' post='182102']

Hi,

Will reset permissions as you stated.

How about smartoptimizer. Should this also be 777. I am getting messages with blocks that it can't create a cache file. There is a cache folder in the smartoptimizer folder, set to 0755.

[/quote]

You are right. Please check the following topic

Site Down-Need Help-Smart Optimizer - Configuration - CS-Cart Community Forums

Thanks