Can't login to admin because CS-Cart is down

Would a server time out and give the 404 error? Maybe the 60 seconds was too long for the script and then the server gave the 404 error?

It is a “connection timeout value”. Nothing to do with how long it takes to respond after the connection is established. That's a whole set of other timeouts that are normally controlled on the server versus the client.

Tony,

To be honest, I have no clue. This coding is beyond my skill level so I'll have to trust in what you say about it.

I just kind of thought that the code that Imac gave would make it so that the admin would try and find the CS-Cart helpdesk for 5 seconds. If after 5 seconds, the admin can't connect, than you are allowed to continue to your admin and bypass the check.

Is that not how it works with Imac's code?

Also, how could a guy check this?

Thanks,

Brandon

Absolutely correct… But that has NOTHING to do with a 404 error. A connection (to the server, not necessary serving the page) must be made for a 404 error to occur. Reducing the time to establish a connection only means you would have a smaller delay when the cs-cart server is not responding at all. Once it accepts the connection, the timeout setting has no effect.

Guess you’ll have to trust me on this one… :-)