Can't Install 4.2.2

I cannot get past the installation screen when trying to install 4.2.2 on a remote server. By trial and error I've got rid of all the 'yellowed' boxes and there are no error messages at the top of the screen. But when I press 'Install', the screen goes grey and then comes back to the install screen. The installation instructions that come with the software are worse than useless - a topic in itself - so I don't know what more I can do except ask for help.

We are having the same issue with Installation onto a shared Fasthost server. Because of the shared hosting the file permission changes required in the Step 2 CS-Cart Installation Guide are not able to be completed correctly we think. Fasthosts can not help us so hoping to hear from CS-Cart directly! We manage three other CS-Cart installations without error so why should the latest version be any different?

I just found out the script relies on a php4 pear install. And if it is not supported by your server it just stops the installation…

i host a Site5 and they figured it out. as we speak im waiting for a response from CS-cart helpdesk.

Hope this helps.

According to site5:

Per my investigation this script is looking for a php4 pear install which is actually not present on our server because php4 is no longer supported by developers. During the installation the following warnings were generated:

[02-Feb-2015 09:42:04 UTC] PHP Warning: require_once(Net/IDNA2/Exception.php) [function.require-once]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /app/lib/pear/Net/IDNA2.php on line 26

[02-Feb-2015 09:42:04 UTC] PHP Fatal error: require_once() [function.require]: Failed opening required 'Net/IDNA2/Exception.php' (include_path='./…/app/lib/pear//usr/local/php4/lib/php:.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/allesvoo/public_html/nieuw/app/lib/pear/Net/IDNA2.php on line 26

As you can see the script install is looking into include_path='./…/app/lib/pear//usr/local/php4/lib/php' area for specific extensions which is not located on your account. I've checked further and I found that there is './…/app/lib/pear/' folder but there is no './…/app/lib/pear//usr/local/php4/lib/php' folder.