Can't edit variants in global option

Ok I gotcha. That's already set at 10 as well.

Ok so I made these changes in my php.ini file per supports suggestion:

post_max_size was at 128M, I changed to 256M.

added max_input_vars = 3000 (it is not in the php.ini by default)

max_execution_time was at 30, changed to 60

And now it works but not consistently. Sometimes I can add 20 before it stops working, then try again adding 5 & it works, then add 5 again & it doesn't work… it's very inconsistent. Something that should take 30 minutes or so is taking me hours (days, actually, due to waiting for support).

So we'll see how (& when) they respond about this.

Edit: I am now stuck at 130 variants and have 107 more to add. It now won't let me add anymore, not even inconsistently.

I started this ticket on 10/6. It is now 10/22 - 17 days later, and my latest response is from this morning and THIS is what they had to say:

[quote]We will contact you at the first opportunity. However, I am afraid that our technical support department is loaded heavily at the moment. You should expect our answer not earlier than in 2-3 business days. We apologize for any possible inconveniences.[/quote]

THIS IS GETTING RIDICULOUS!

Ok so NOW they say:

[quote]Thank you for your time and patience.

We apologize for such a delay in answering. Unfortunately, our department is loaded heavily at the moment. I should draw your attention to the fact that operational access to your CS-Cart installation was provided on October 17. Unfortunately, we cannot examine the issues having no access to the CS-Cart installation.

As regards the issue, I recommend you to try switching the server to Apache mode (mod_php). Please contact your server administrator regarding the issue. After that please try adding more variants to the option. This will show us if it is FastCGI that imposes limitations on requests from the server.

Also I would like to inform you that such an amount of variants can influence on the performance of your site significantly, and product details and category page can load too slowly if there are a lot of variants for product options.

Please check my recommendations and let me know the result.[/quote]

First off, they gained access on the 17th because when they said on the 7th that the access I provided was incorrect, I asked for help in setting up the access. That answer went ignored, so I tried another setting in the access setup. They responded back saying that didn't work, so I asked again how to do it correctly. Again it went ignored so I tried a 3rd setup. We went in this circle yet again, so I finally posted for help in this forum, got the help, and finally set up correct access. If they had helped me the FIRST time I asked for it, it would have been alot sooner.

Now for changing the apache setting, I contacted my host and he said,

[quote]mod_php is different than suPHP, and our servers should run the latter. If you were on a VPS or dedicated server, you could request that we change that to mod_php for you, instead, though that may not be recommeded.

It is never recommended to use a custom setup. Any changes to Apache would require you to have your own VPS or dedicated server. Every setting would have pros and cons, but on a shared server, you wouldn't be able to modify the server.

Usually, your developer is the person you would contact regarding your website's coding. They should be able to debug their script and find out where it does not do what you would expect it to do. From there, they should be able to find out why it is doing that, or be able to find some settings or things to check.[/quote]

Hmm. Wouldn't that be CS-Cart as the developer??? I also informed CS-Cart in my response that I did NOT have this issue when I was in version 3.x.x. and my server configurations haven't changed, so it is an issue with version 4.0.2.

Well after all this waiting and this is the half-assed solution given to me by support:

[quote]I am sorry to hear that the recommended changes cannot be applied. In this case I recommend you to create option variants using the Import / Export data feature. Detailed information on how to use the feature you can find in the following articles:

[url=“CS-Cart Documentation — CS-Cart 4.15.x documentation”]CS-Cart Documentation — CS-Cart 4.15.x documentation

Here I am providing you with a test CSV file. If you import it in your store, you will get a product with an option which contain 300 variants. You can create a similar CSV file for your products and import it.

Also, I should let you know that such an amount of product option variants can affect your site performance negatively. The load time of pages in your store can increase significantly.

[/quote]

I don't even know what to do with this! I don't know how to create a csv file! Why can't they just fix their damn product??? So basically they're saying it's not possible to have this many variants added “normally” in this version???

Am I really the only one with so many option variants?

Is it possible to add them via PHPMyAdmin?

Well I guess this is my end solution, which takes me back to the topic of my post. It's not possible to have this many option variants (actually I believe 100 is the max). Here's my latest response from support:

[quote]Thank you for your time and patience. I apologize for the delay in answering.

I am really sorry to hear that you have faced the issue. 300 option variants is quite a large amount. When you operate the option with such an amount of variants, CS-Cart sends a very heavy SQL queries to the database. That is why I noted that the performance can be affected significantly. Not all servers can support such heavy operations and sometimes they can terminate the process. This you can see when you add extra variant to the problem option.

I should add that the architecture of CS-Cart v.4.0.X has been changed significantly in comparison with CS-Cart v.3.0.X. A lot of new features were added. Now CS-Cart is quite a complex software which may require a little bit more resources from the server, especially when you add so many variants for the feature. In this situation server configuration is a key point of CS-Cart work-flow.

In your situation when there is no way to add variants in the administration panel, I suggested you a workaround with CSV file.

I hope this explains the situation.[/quote]

Note they didn't even comment on the fact that I told them I tried the csv file and it didn't work, & I uploaded my csv file to this ticket. Why didn't they address that part of the issue???

So I guess I have to change what I've been offering to my customers for the past 4 years by cutting it in half, OR MOVE to another cart. Those are my only options now.

Seems like you got stuck doing the .csv Brennie. Whats the problem with importing the .csv, post a sample here and Ill take a look

John

Yes. I did the import and it said it was “Processing” (for quite awhile - over 5 minutes), then it went back to the import page but nothing new was imported. So I tried it a few times, & apparently my hosting provider thought it caused unusually high activity so it suspended my account (automated - I had to sit on hold with them for an hour to get it back up) but it surprises me that importing ONE product would cause that. My csv is attached. And thanks!