Can't Delete Global Option Variable, Causes Admin Issues

I am trying to delete a color variant that is a global option but it won't delete. And when I hit the save button it takes me back to the admin home page instead of the list of global options like it should. To top it off, when it does take me back to the home page all the tabs at the top are missing except the home tab. Which I can then hit and it brings things back to normal but the variant is still there when I go to check it.

Upon further testing I can't do ANY changes within this one set of global options without the same problem happening. Modifying other global options works fine (I have tested several).

Anyone seen anything like this? Anything I should check?

What version are you running? What store mode are you in?

[quote name='tbirnseth' timestamp='1392186567' post='177265']

What version are you running? What store mode are you in?

[/quote]It's my 2.1.4 store with a bunch of mods and about 8000 products.

Not sure if this could be related but I just noticed I bulk edited a bunch of product titles the other day but they didn't update. So I went back through and just bulk edited about 5 of them (compared to about 50 before and just tested) and it worked. Seems like something is limiting when the bulk update is too large (my global option that is giving issues may have too many variants compared to others that will edit).

Would only relate to a timeout of memory exhaustion then. Check your php error_log file and adjust config.local.php appropriately.

I've had memory issues before due to so many products, options etc. but it is currently set to 1024m on the server and within the config.local.php file. I would think that would be enough.

And my error log seems to be huge. Starting around January 21st I have all kinds of errors in my log (over a milliong lines). I think around that date was when I updated my server to “fix something” but I think in turn it created a lot of problems. I noticed my product designer quit working and had some minor issues with other websites I have on that server. php v 5.4.25

The one that has been appearing all day everyday is:

[04-Feb-2014 13:38:43 America/New_York] PHP Warning: PHP Startup: Unable to load dynamic library '/usr/local/lib/php/extensions/no-debug-non-zts-20100525/ pdo_mysql' - /usr/local/lib/php/extensions/no-debug-non-zts-20100525/ pdo_mysql: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory in Unknown on line 0

Other errors are similar to this one:

[23-Jan-2014 19:20:27 America/Chicago] PHP Warning: Illegal string offset 'product_id' in /home/fastdeca/public_html/shop/var/compiled/customer/%%A9^A9B^A9B3F409%%small_list.tpl.php on line 133

You can set it to whatever you want. Whether the hosting site actually does it (regardless of php.ini or ini_set() parameters). You can check it by doing a phpinfo.

You are not loading the PDO mysql extension. Get your host to fix this for you.

The second one is a template error that should go away if you clear your template cache (&cc).

Your hosting site should be cycling your error_log file so that the current one is only the current month. If not, either have them set it up properly or truncate most of it so what's there is somewhat relevant.

I think for some reason PDO wasn't running so I went through and activated it last month. This is when I recompiled Apache so PDO was enabled (I think I needed it for a form creation on my site to work). After I did this it caused some issues on a few other sites on my server and also caused my “product designer” from the Alt-team to stop working too. In any case I just went through WHM and made sure PDO was enabled and it was so not sure why it wasn't loading. Of coarse none of this fixed my original issue with the global option problem but I'm poking around trying to figure it out. May have to go to tech support over this one.

I ended up just going through phpMyAdmin and deleting the one variant as a fix until I can figure it out.

Finally tracked this down since I wanted to add a few more options. Was getting the error:
[10-Jun-2014 20:50:14 America/New_York] PHP Warning: Unknown: Input variables exceeded 1000. To increase the limit change max_input_vars in php.ini. in Unknown on line 0

Increase to 2000 and all is good. Figured I'd share incase others (or even myself) has this problem in the future.