Bundles or Value Packs?

Hmm… there doesn’t seem the ability bundle multiple products into a bundle or value pack.

Basically the ability to create a product based on bundling other products and specifying the quantity of each product in the new bundle.

For instance:

2 screen protectors + 1 cell phone case

or

2 black ink cartridges + 1 color cartridge

There is a buy together addon but this will release on next version of cscart.

Buy together isn’t really the same as creating your own bundle. They might be similar I guess.

I guess with buy together you can offer a discount if you purchase certain items together, like what you see on newegg. I don’t believe Amazon’s buy together even gives you a discount.

I guess that main difference would be the ability to treat bundles or Value Packs as a single product. You can package it as a single product. It shows up in the shopping cart as a single product.

Buy together would be treated as separate products and would be added to the shopping cart as separate products.

Is this “buy together” module available yet? The reviewer over at [url]http://www.ecommerce-guide.com/essentials/shopping_carts/article.php/3840781[/url] seemed to think it is.

never heard of this guy but yea it’s available free over at www.snorocket.com for platinum level donors:

AND

AND

Sno, is this going to be added into the cart at 2.0.9 or do you know?

I have no idea, though it looks like we’re getting product tabs, data feed and google sitemap aka $3000+ in addons all for free in 2.09 thanks to Club Addon, so I’m not going to complain if it doesn’t make it in - Sno

Also, I didn’t see instructions on how to obtain this addon at your forum.

Buy together add on used to be available by Top coder Pro for Cs-cart version1.35. But since Top coder disappereared, there is no update for 2.x by Topcoder

Topcodegone out, snorocket IN. :smiley:

Bundles like those from BestBuy.com

[url]http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Xbox+360+Elite+Starter+Bundle/9999118400050001.p?id=pcmprd118500050001&skuId=9999118400050001[/url]

It shows:

Package Overview

Microsoft - Xbox 360 Elite Holiday Bundle

Model: FAA-00059 | SKU: 9460763 | Customer Rating:

Rocketfishâ„¢ - HDMI Digital Audio/Video Cable for Xbox 360

Model: RF-GXBX002 | SKU: 8993388 | Customer Rating:

Microsoft - Xbox 360 Wireless Controller - Black

Model: B4F-00014 | SKU: 8267644 | Customer Rating:

It is also possible by customized configurator. In the version 1.35, I used to have Initial amount setting built into the customized configurator by cs-cart. But this was meant to have correct initial quantity setting as part of the bundle items rather than just for sales price purpose.

Say 4GB Ram Computer Set , 1 Microprocessor, 1board , 4 pieces 1GB Ram , etc

You could have used it with Cs-cart 2.x with promotions even for non logic bundle items. But I belive you need something like Sno’s (In) suggestion similar to Topcoder (out) :sunglasses:

[quote]Also, I didn’t see instructions on how to obtain this addon at your forum.[/quote]Same question here.

I’m also looking forward to a working subscription plan from Snorocket.

The current system is very confusing and when people request for lower donation amount, the system lowers the minimum to 50 USD. After a few weeks when those members have donated, it’s back to 80 USD. I don’t mind it’s 80 USD as minimum donation amount but I do mind this minimum price will change based on other people’s requests. This means all the previous donors lost at least 30 USD for each donation which sounds not quite fair. No principle, no business.

So whether raise or lower the bar, please make this bar fix. If the goal is to welcome the most donors, then making a donation system that allows minimum 30 USD for several rounds (if the first round can not raise enough development cost), it would be a better way to make the addon club more active.

@Sno

[quote]

never heard of this guy but yea it’s available free over at www.snorocket.com for platinum level donors:

[/quote]

Where i can see how much must a donator pays? Because you have only donation awards from Donation Award to Highest Donation.

What is platinum???

Thanks for reply!

wow - Now Cs-cart In as well for buy Together on Labs

Guess I’ll be coding my own addon for bundles.

Buy together is a little different from bundles.

Newegg does the buy together.

Bestbuy does buy together and have bundles.

dustundag,

Where do you see how the Buy Together or Bundles work in the Labs Admin?

Are both of these in version 2.0.9?

Thanks,

Adam

The default product configurator is capable of creating bundles except the following

-Options are not supported

-Pictures are not supported

-For simple bundles, the display is not user friendly and items are far away from each

bundle items.

(It should probabily have optional similar display to the product with options or bundle display like best buy)

• It has also compliance but with limited configuration only one to one

I did already have code modified by cs-cart for version 1.35 for product configurator pre-select quantity,pictures. But it doesnot work since the releas of 2.x

Are you planing the bundle add on / advanced product configurator with third pary or cs-cart?

I will be happy to share the cost with you and others if any interest?

It is in the add on section probably just kicked off but not fully working. I did add “Buy together” installation but broke with some errors .

[quote name=‘jegesmaci’]dustundag,

Where do you see how the Buy Together or Bundles work in the Labs Admin?

Are both of these in version 2.0.9?

Thanks,

Adam[/QUOTE]

Hmm… another way to do bundles. Custom bundles.

Choose 2 items out of the list.

Walmart has choose 2 out of the 5 games.

[url]Robot or human?