Bulk user group assign?

Hi everyone,

Having trouble finding if this feature exists or not (kb seems to just not address it at all).

We have a store where we have just by default 10% off. What we’re looking to do is when a customer logs in, they get an additional 20% off.

I have the promotion set and it’s working, but the discount is tethered to a user group. I see that the user groups become “available” for existing customers, but you have to manually make it “active”.

Is there any built in method where I can auto assign a user group to all customers OR make the discount work for all customers instead?

Can’t you make the promotion applicable to “Registered Users” as opposed to a specific Group?

That was what I originally had thought, but the two options I have are “User Groups” and “Users” in the catalog promotion options.

When I select “Users” it asks me to add which users the promotion would work on. There there a way to make it just apply to everyone without going in there every week and adding the new customers in? Possibly leaving it blank means everyone??

Or is there a function in a newer version?? We’re running 2.1.2 right now.

I’m not entirely sure and don’t have the time right now to go investigate. Note that behavior might be different between a cart and catalog promotion as it relates to users. I’m sure I’ve seen where it can be applied to all registered users (group_id = 0).

Well, I’ve checked both types - catalog and cart, and I’m not seeing a definitive way to auto assign the discount without choosing a customer manually.

I did try the round about way of saying something like “customers under customer type ‘test’” = false then give the additional 10%, but then it just gives the 10% to everyone who isn’t logged in as well.

I wonder if the thing where you can assign it to “x” users (like group_id=0) is some kind of work around.

[quote name=‘LarryU’]Well, I’ve checked both types - catalog and cart, and I’m not seeing a definitive way to auto assign the discount without choosing a customer manually.

I did try the round about way of saying something like “customers under customer type ‘test’” = false then give the additional 10%, but then it just gives the 10% to everyone who isn’t logged in as well.

I wonder if the thing where you can assign it to “x” users (like group_id=0) is some kind of work around.[/QUOTE]

Somewhere I saw a default field to import “User IDs” which pertained to the user group function and bulk import, I will try to find that info for you.

Here it is, when in admin, import data you can assign field on your excel spreadsheet and bulk import user group:

Users

Below is a list of the fields that your data file can contain. The fields highlighted in bold are mandatory. If you are importing data with special symbols (commas, semicolons, etc.), please make sure you have these fields quoted.

Login

User type

Status

User group IDs

Password

Title

First name

Last name

Company

Fax

Phone

Web site