Bug Posting for 2.0 Beta comment

Hello,

I have been posting bugs while using the 2.0 Beta Versions by using the report a bug button.

I would like to see the bugs reported by this method to get posted somewhere. I “sign” my forum name when posting and would like it to be searchable if they post them. Need a submitted by field.

I forget all the bugs I reported and then I can’t check to see if they were fixed.

I do like being able to report a bug at the time it is discovered, but would like to have them cataloged somewhere. I know there are many, but the same ones are probably reported multiple times.

Only beta bugs submitted by cs-cart registered users (ones with a license) should be posted and only viewable by those with a cs-cart license.

I have seen too many junk postings recently. They have to be separated out somehow.

I belong to another cart forum that limits beta testing feedback to registered cart owners.

[quote]

I would like to see the bugs reported by this method to get posted somewhere.

[/quote]

A list of bugs would be useful to show the progress they are making and also so as the same bug isn’t posted over and over.

[quote]

I belong to another cart forum that limits beta testing feedback to registered cart owners

[/quote]

I understand why CS has decided to let any user post to the beta forum, the more users the more feedback, but i’m with you, the spammers are getting annoying.

visibility into the status of a defect is important. Need to know:

1. has/is it confirmed as a bug
  2. that’s it’s being worked on
  3. when it’s fixed and what version it will be released in

I too have submitted many but it feels like a black hole.

If it will put you mind at ease, they are indeed getting the bug reports because they have asked me for access so they could verify them.

Thanks for the update Tool Outfitters.

I did report bugs in Beta 1 and was surprised to see them again in Beta 2.

Since the bug reports are not transparent, then I was not sure whether to report them a second time or just assume they are being worked on.