BUG in Upgrade with PROOF

Cs-cart please fix your bug ridden upgrades before releasing them. I always wait a few months to install their upgrades but I decided to install it just to see. This is a big money maker for cs-cart. The more bugs they release the more support credits they will use, which means you, the user, will have to fork over money to cs-cart to fix their own bugs. The newest upgrade brings me to a 404 error page at the end. see proof attached. This is NOT SERVER RELATED. This is happening to everyone!

[attachment=4525:step1.png]

[attachment=4526:step2.png]

[attachment=4527:step3.png]

step1.png

step2.png

step3.png

This is happening to everyone? How do you know that?

How do you know your error is NOT server related?

My upgrades went fine and i'm very happy with the upgrade and I know a LOT of other users feel exactly the same.

Flow - you are probably being paid by cs-cart to say that. Please read the posts

[quote]Flow - you are probably being paid by cs-cart to say that. Please read the posts[/quote]

So, what are we Smokin today Woodie?

PS: Why do you think they call it “Dope” ? :wacko:

[quote name=‘Struck’ timestamp=‘1315420132’ post=‘121180’]

PS: Why do you think they call it “Dope” ? :wacko:

[/quote]

Ha ha

:unsure:

My upgrade went OK

Woody,

This is not happening to everyone or else you'd see a ton more posts about it. I've upgraded a few sites to 2.2.2 and haven't had this problem.

I did have a similar problem on an upgrade, but I don't remember the version. That problem was because the server had to whitelist my IP. I'd recommend starting there before just jumping all over CS-Cart.

Oh, and I'll guarantee I'm not being paid by CS-Cart and neither is Flow.

Thanks,

Brandon

Hello woodyvt,

There is no such a bug in CS-Cart. Please refer to my answer in this post:

2.1.2 - 2.1.3 upgrade - Installation & Upgrade - CS-Cart Community Forums

Thank you in advance.

Anastasiya Kozlova

CS-Cart Support Team

I upgraded w/o that 404 error page as well so check yourself before you wreck yourself ;)

[quote]check yourself before you wreck yourself[/quote]

Haven't heard that one is a while, pretty good.

Brandon

Brandon, flow and the other frogs who inhabit this forum:

It is not my intention to be banned from this forum. I have been suspended before. I am trying to 'respect' you guys and give you the benefit of the doubt. I have used cs-cart for many years. I have an established business. While many of you make $20 a day to feed your ciggarette and old e 40 habit, I run a professional business.

Cs-cart needs to acknowledge that before it releases an upgrade it should alert users and let them know a server upgrade (or whatever techy term they call it) is in order. I happen to ponder, if this wern't a russian outfit, would the company operate more along the lines of our usa software outfits? Cs-cart would save itself a lot of trouble if it would outline what is needed to produce a successful upgrade. It's famous 'canned' response is “your server needs to be upgraded”. It's basically there answer to everything. Contact your server! Contact your host! It's them saying, we have no f'in clue what is going on. Some homeless Indian in Nigeria coded our script. The guy has no telephone and no email, so we can't confirm what the problem is.

Cs-cart is in my opinion THE BEST SHOPPING CART IN THE WORLD. After announcing the flaws, I will give praise now. This shopping cart is what I dreamed of 10 years ago when I went shopping cart hunting. BUT, things could be improved. Communication could be improved. Perhaps, open a support office in the USA? Perhaps, announce upgrades with instructions, perhaps not blame the host…minor tweaks could make cs-cart a leader in shopping cart software.

Nobody cares who dun it. Nobody cares that flow was able to upgrade in glee. Who gives a rats ass? I don't care if you woke up this morning with 1 green sock on and 1 red sock on. This forum isn't about your personal preferences. This forum is about HELP, how can we fix problems?

[quote name='woodyvt' timestamp='1315594725' post='121340']

Brandon, flow and the other frogs who inhabit this forum:

It is not my intention to be banned from this forum. I have been suspended before. I am trying to 'respect' you guys and give you the benefit of the doubt. I have used cs-cart for many years. I have an established business. While many of you make $20 a day to feed your ciggarette and old e 40 habit, I run a professional business.

Cs-cart needs to acknowledge that before it releases an upgrade it should alert users and let them know a server upgrade (or whatever techy term they call it) is in order. I happen to ponder, if this wern't a russian outfit, would the company operate more along the lines of our usa software outfits? Cs-cart would save itself a lot of trouble if it would outline what is needed to produce a successful upgrade. It's famous 'canned' response is “your server needs to be upgraded”. It's basically there answer to everything. Contact your server! Contact your host! It's them saying, we have no f'in clue what is going on. Some homeless Indian in Nigeria coded our script. The guy has no telephone and no email, so we can't confirm what the problem is.

Cs-cart is in my opinion THE BEST SHOPPING CART IN THE WORLD. After announcing the flaws, I will give praise now. This shopping cart is what I dreamed of 10 years ago when I went shopping cart hunting. BUT, things could be improved. Communication could be improved. Perhaps, open a support office in the USA? Perhaps, announce upgrades with instructions, perhaps not blame the host…minor tweaks could make cs-cart a leader in shopping cart software.

Nobody cares who dun it. Nobody cares that flow was able to upgrade in glee. Who gives a rats ass? I don't care if you woke up this morning with 1 green sock on and 1 red sock on. This forum isn't about your personal preferences. This forum is about HELP, how can we fix problems?

[/quote]

The point we were making is that your original post claimed this issue was a BUG that in your words “[font=Arial][size=4]This is happening to everyone!”. [/size][/font]Obviously this is not the case since not one other person posted they were having the same issue in this thread which would have happened if in fact everyone was having the issue. The fact was that the issue happened to you because of a server configuration issue. Granted some other people may have the same server configuration issues as you, this does not constitute a “BUG” as you titled the thread. Could CS-Cart improve their communication of releases? Of course they could and not many here would argue that. But let's not mislead people into thinking a configuration issue YOU had on YOUR server is a BUG as you tried so hard to portray.

On a side note, I hope you never have issues that you need to come to the community for assistance. Your last paragraph was quite abrasive and unnecessary so I doubt many people will be rushing to assist you.

Dude, you have issues.

You claim to run a professional business, but you sure have no clue of how to be professional on this forum.

If you want to whine about people like me who posted a response to your problem to try and help out, that is your problem, but it sure seems like a stupid way to go about things.

Your posts are pretty funny, but it sure makes you sound like a whiny little bitch.

Good luck with your upgrades and any other future problems you have. You definitely won't be getting any help from me.

Brandon

[quote]While many of you make $20 a day to feed your ciggarette and old e 40 habit, I run a professional business.[/quote]

I am actually quite successful and pay myself $50.00/Day, you could learn a tremendous amount from me Genius! :)

[quote name=‘Struck’ timestamp=‘1315598803’ post=‘121351’]

I am actually quite successful and pay myself $50.00/Day, you could learn a tremendous amount from me Genius! :)

[/quote]

That’s almost a carton of cigarettes here in NY :)

[quote]Your posts are pretty funny, but it sure makes you sound like a whiny little bitch.[/quote]

I agree and view most of his posts as a source of comedy! But, I still like the way you put it Brandon! :D

[quote]That’s almost a carton of cigarettes here in NY :) [/quote]

I have heard that, however, since I quit smoking, that $50.00/Day is pure profit buddy, I am rolling in the dough! :P

DouchePro!

John, Brandon, and the rest of the nameless cronies -

I would prefer to join other forums to create knick knack. This is a cs-cart forum. Wake up! This isn't abcnews.com where you troll for misery. This is a forum for people in need of help and answers. Brandon, flow, curly and moe never had anything descent to say to anyone on this forum. They never offered anyone assistance, or for that matter their (2 cents). This forum is not about you making $10 a day and paying your rent with food stamp subsidies.

Note: Moderator - please let me know when I crossed the line - I will tone it down.

Are you high or do you actually believe what you post?

[quote name='woodyvt' timestamp='1315604429' post='121359']Note: Moderator - please let me know when I crossed the line - I will tone it down.

[/quote]

Too late.