Browsers picking up different stylesheets

I am having an issue with different browsers picking up different stylesheets - is this something to do with caching? The site I am building looks completely different depending on the browser I am using. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

A URL would be handy, but I would assume given the use of HTML5, it isn't that different stylesheets are being picked up by different browsers, more the fact that some browsers don't conform or render differently. In V4, all stylesheets are compiled into one. There is a known bug which causes the generation of this single stylesheet to misidentify the priorities and so in some cases you may need to add “!important” to some CSS declarations. This should have no impact on what you describe though. Take this background as a basic example:-

.top-search-bar {
background: -moz-linear-gradient(center top , #658319, #9AB032) repeat scroll 0 0 transparent;
}

This will work in Firefox, but to make it work in IE (7+) and Chrome amongst others such as Safari, you need to add:-

.top-search-bar {
background: -moz-linear-gradient(center top , #658319, #9AB032) repeat scroll 0 0 transparent;
filter: progid:DXImageTransform.Microsoft.gradient(startColorstr='#658319', endColorstr='#9AB032'); /* for IE */
background: -webkit-gradient(linear, left top, left bottom, from(#658319), to(#9AB032)); /* for webkit browsers */

Thank you for your reply, really appreciate the prompt help.

I had a look into your suggestion but it turns out something else seems to be occuring. I cloned the basic theme but both IE and Firefox are picking up the settings of the non-default theme whereas Chrome is picking up the settings in the new default theme. e.g. The default logo is displayed in IE and Firefox whilst the updated logo is displayed in Chrome.

Unfortunately I can't send the URL due to confidentiality agreeements but could the above be due to the browsers picking up different stylesheets? e.g. below:

Chrome:

FF:

[quote name='StellarBytes' timestamp='1378718547' post='167961']
A URL would be handy, but I would assume given the use of HTML5, it isn't that different stylesheets are being picked up by different browsers, more the fact that some browsers don't conform or render differently. In V4, all stylesheets are compiled into one. There is a known bug which causes the generation of this single stylesheet to misidentify the priorities and so in some cases you may need to add "!important" to some CSS declarations. This should have no impact on what you describe though. Take this background as a basic example:-

```php
.top-search-bar {
}
```
This will work in Firefox, but to make it work in IE (7+) and Chrome amongst others such as Safari, you need to add:-

```php
.top-search-bar {
filter: progid:DXImageTransform.Microsoft.gradient(startColorstr='#658319', endColorstr='#9AB032'); /* for IE */
background: -webkit-gradient(linear, left top, left bottom, from(#658319), to(#9AB032)); /* for webkit browsers */
```
[/quote]