Breadcrumbs Are Not Really Breadcrumbs

So breadcrumbs are supposed to lead you back the path you followed. Why is it that in version 3 if you have items in more than one category, they show the path from the main category, rather than the actual path the customer took? This is going to confuse the customers.

I just noticed this after spending months upgrading and am about to change over my nameserver.

My problem is that I restructured the entire site and hid their original main category. I don’t want to change their main categories because that will change my url’s which would be devastating to SEO. Any suggestions? Thanks!

Hmm yes this is annoying and should be fixed. For your particular case, why don't you use 301 redirects for your links?

Is there an easier way to 301… I will have lots and lots… and lots… :(

Hello Moka,

Maybe our “Redirect manager” add-on can help to solve this issue.

Sincerely yours,

CS-Market.

I ended up having Cscartrocks do an addon for me to fix the issue.

If anyone need this addon, please feel free to contact us at CS-Cart Templates - CS-Cart Skins - CS-Cart Addons - CS-Cart Mods

Just wanted to say that I am very happy with the work that cscartrocks did. The “True Breadcrumbs” addon is a gem. He got it done pretty much overnight for a decent price. I always go to him because he does a fantastic job!