Breadcrumb trail changes.. problem (bug?)

Hi -

I’m setting up a DVD store at the moment with approximately 2000 titles in several categories and sub-categories.

Many of the DVDs appear in a few categories - to keep this simple I set up 1 category called DVD Producers, which contains sub-categories for each of the DVD producers. So when I get a new title I enter it there (to keep things neat and tidy), then add all the DVD subject categories to the products as ‘Secondary Categories’.

When browsing through the storefront, the breadcrumbs are fine as long as you are just clicking on categories… eg

Home > Blockbusters > Childrens > Animation >

…but as soon as you click on a product within that sub-category, the Breadcrumb changes to something like…

Home > DVD Producers > Disney > Toy Story

…so customers can’t use the breadcrumbs to click back to the previous categories and sub categories.

Is this a bug - or am I just missing a setting somewhere?

thanks

[quote name=‘Fishpaste’]

…so customers can’t use the breadcrumbs to click back to the previous categories and sub categories.

Is this a bug - or am I just missing a setting somewhere?

thanks[/QUOTE]

Hi, I found the same problem using secondary categories. The breadcrumb will change to the primary category, breaking the customer navigation sequence.

Report on the bug tracker and luckily they will change in the next version.