Bottom Box Addon

[quote name=‘S-Combs’]Try adding this to the bottom_box style sheet

skins/yourskin/customer/addons/bottom_box/css/local_styles.css

.bottom-list, .bottom-list a, .bottom-list a:visited, .bottom-list a:hover, .bottom-list a:active {
color: #ffffff;
}
[/QUOTE]

That did the trick sir, you are good!

Got this dialed in nicely, thanks to everyones help, can anyone tell me how to get rid of this graphic line in my image attached, it becomes redundant using the bottom box addon.

bottombox.jpg

In your styles.css sheet you should have something similar to:

#footer {
border-top: 2px solid #D0E0EE;
padding: 8px;
}

Just remove the border.

Or better yet, you could either modify your bottombox style sheet or use the My Changes addon and add something like:

#footer {
border-top: none;
}

Hope that helps,

Brandon

thanks brandonvd

Yes, thank you!

Hello,

How do I add anything below the Bottom Box?

I tried bottom.tpl, but I don’t were to add my links or logo.

I don’t want to add it inside the box, I want to add it below it.

Any help please.

Thank you

Tom

You have to modify skins/your-skin/customer/addons/bottom_box/hooks/index/bottom.override.tpl

Near the bottom you will see the copyright thing. Just add your code down there or remove the copyright or whatever.

Brandon

[quote name=‘brandonvd’]You have to modify skins/your-skin/customer/addons/bottom_box/hooks/index/bottom.override.tpl

Near the bottom you will see the copyright thing. Just add your code down there or remove the copyright or whatever.

Brandon[/QUOTE]

Thank you for your help.

Is there any way to add image seals (SSL, TRUSTe, BBB, etc)

Great Addon!!!

[font=“Tahoma”]@nikmark

Yes you can.

Click on the Image icon from the tool-bar whilst editing the block. Choose upload from PC, URL or SERVER.

So what does en.ini do? I found branding in there… Is this only used on Install, and then the bottom*overide.tpl should be used instead?

@Brandon

Nice job, I have something similar setup for most clients in Interspire, where they have two columns for their Address/Postal details, and then two, three or four columns for links and so forth.

Great work![/font]

Ok! I can't seem to get this addon to work! I installed it, but it doesn't show up in my site. any ideas?

Thanks

@Unidevelopers

Where are you seeing en.ini? That is not one of the original files I uploaded and have no idea what it is.

@nikmark

Be sure to clear your cache, your-domain.com - This website is for sale! - your domain Resources and Information.

Thanks,

Brandon

[quote name='brandonvd' timestamp='1319561411' post='124529']

@Unidevelopers

Where are you seeing en.ini? That is not one of the original files I uploaded and have no idea what it is.

@nikmark

Be sure to clear your cache, your-domain.com - This website is for sale! - your domain Resources and Information.

Thanks,

Brandon

[/quote]

I cleared my cache, still nothing…I noticed in my addon panel, there is no edit option for Bottom Box. Is this normal?

[quote name='nikmark' timestamp='1319562821' post='124531']

I cleared my cache, still nothing…I noticed in my addon panel, there is no edit option for Bottom Box. Is this normal?

[/quote]

I got it working! I had a bottom.override.tpl in my_changes folder for editing the copyright…deleted that file, and bottom box is working fine!

Thanks for the awesome addon Brandon!!

[font=“Tahoma”]Well I don't have My Changes enabled, never had. Like so many of the add-ons included, there is not sufficient documentation that explains HOW it works, WHAT it does for me (or the clients), WHAT is the advantages, and WHERE does it make changes!

:B

So I don't think this is the issue.

Perhaps you could provide a quick tutorial on “How to disable/change Overrides in the My Changes folder??”

Thanks very much!

Really looking forward to getting something to work![/font]

[font=“Verdana”]To edit the content, I assume you would visit the BLOCK MANAGER via the DESIGN drop down menu at the top right hand corner of the administrator interface.[/font]

First, there is a ton of information about the My Changes addon on here. I think I've seen Tony Birnseth do like 5 posts on it in the last week alone.

Second, this addon has nothing to do with the My Changes addon. This is a stand alone addon that is independent of any other addon or core functionality.

All you have to do is upload the file/folders into their appropriate location and then go into Administration => addons => Install the Bottom Box addon.

In order to make changes to links, etc. you have to actually change these file. It is not set up to work through the admin, sorry.

CS-Cart has come along ways with their block system. This addon can basically be completely done with blocks now. Just make a group and then put html blocks in it. You might have to create your own wrappers or mess with the styles, but then it would be editable through the admin.

The big reason for this addon instead of overwriting the core files is for upgrades. CS-Cart made a change in the URL structure back in 2.1.1 so I had to change this then, but since then, all the way to 2.2.3, I've had to make no changes to my footer.

Definitely a lot better than changing the core files and having to remember to change things after each upgrade.

If you are having troubles after installing the addon, don't forget to clear your cache, your-domain.com - This website is for sale! - your domain Resources and Information.

Hope that helps,

Brandon