Blog addon?

Does anyone happen to know what Blog software / addon that most people here are using with their stores?

I’ve seen it now on several cs-cart stores where it appears like it is integrated with the block design somehow.

[quote name=‘carterj’]Does anyone happen to know what Blog software / addon that most people here are using with their stores?

I’ve seen it now on several cs-cart stores where it appears like it is integrated with the block design somehow.[/QUOTE]

Got to be word-press surely.

Is there a wordpress addon some where? I would like to have it as part of my layout.

Thank you,

D.

try to use “News” add-on

[quote name='N1XUS' timestamp='1309037155' post='115750']

try to use “News” add-on

[/quote]

Hi, thanks, I'm already using the news addon. I looked all over and didn't find a blog add on, might be a good one to design.

[quote name='Belzibot' timestamp='1309037587' post='115751']

Hi, thanks, I'm already using the news addon. I looked all over and didn't find a blog add on, might be a good one to design.

[/quote]

There is no addon for wordpress, you have to installed wordpress on seperate directory and connect link to your site.

I was just going to post a similar question.

I love Wordpress, but for ecommerce it's not fully baked in my opinion. So I am looking at a project where someone really needs the CMS and photo gallery capabilities of WP, but needs a more reliable e-commerce solution.

If anyone knows of any add-ons or tips and tricks to better integrate WP and CS-Cart I would love to know. Three issues I see are:

1. Changing a CS-Cart skin's css to look more like the Wordpress css would be a challenge.

2. Some Wordpress shopping carts have a way to nicely insert a single product into a blog post with a buy now or add to cart button. It would be really nice to be able to do this with a CS-Cart store item.

3. Integrating CS-Cart user accounts with Wordpress User accounts. Not all blogs use user accounts, but if you do (like if you have a members-only area, or only allow members to comment) it's going to be really confusing to have two logins for the same site.

I need the same thing

I have a site that i need to add some Press with images and links to products

is there a way to have wordpress use the cs-cart top menu and mini cart

how hard is it to build a addon into cs-cart for press with text url to product and image field

[quote name='lauraluc' timestamp='1309101115' post='115765']

I was just going to post a similar question.

I love Wordpress, but for ecommerce it's not fully baked in my opinion. So I am looking at a project where someone really needs the CMS and photo gallery capabilities of WP, but needs a more reliable e-commerce solution.

If anyone knows of any add-ons or tips and tricks to better integrate WP and CS-Cart I would love to know. Three issues I see are:

1. Changing a CS-Cart skin's css to look more like the Wordpress css would be a challenge.

2. Some Wordpress shopping carts have a way to nicely insert a single product into a blog post with a buy now or add to cart button. It would be really nice to be able to do this with a CS-Cart store item.

3. Integrating CS-Cart user accounts with Wordpress User accounts. Not all blogs use user accounts, but if you do (like if you have a members-only area, or only allow members to comment) it's going to be really confusing to have two logins for the same site.

[/quote]

[quote name='carterj' timestamp='1302562658' post='109692']

Does anyone happen to know what Blog software / addon that most people here are using with their stores?

I've seen it now on several cs-cart stores where it appears like it is integrated with the block design somehow.

[/quote]

I use WordPress on my site. I installed it as www.mydomain.com/blog. There are tons of free themes to choose from. Surely you can find one that mimics your store cart. I use the Atahaulpa theme because it has a great admin panel that helps you customize your blog without a lot of coding experience.

Hope that helps.

cmund

I've used Atahualpa also for a long time. I am using Wordpress Weaver more now it's probably even easier for a beginner.

[quote name='cmund' timestamp='1309198792' post='115818']

I use WordPress on my site. I installed it as www.mydomain.com/blog. There are tons of free themes to choose from. Surely you can find one that mimics your store cart. I use the Atahaulpa theme because it has a great admin panel that helps you customize your blog without a lot of coding experience.

Hope that helps.

cmund

[/quote]