Blocks Not "Sticking"

Was playing around with 2.0 today and I went into the Blocks area and did some rearranging.

After hitting save and then reviewing the storefront, there are no changes. I cleared cache, etc but not sure why its not remembering where I put the blocks.

Is there a specific file that remembers where I put the blocks that I should look at?

I’m getting the same. After enabling and saving they still not showing

Everytime I create a new one it dissappears or gets disabled. No options for enabling appearence. Greyed out

Thanks

Anyone? Up

What are you trying to change? What section?

Are the blocks just not moving to the right locations or are they disappearing?

Do they revert to their original locations in the block manager?

Are you using 2.0.3?

Sometimes changes made in the ‘All Pages’ section are overridden by changes in the other tabs - or vice versa - still trying to figure that one out.

Thanks

Pretty much all those things are happening.

No matter if created for front page or all pages

When creating a new one the preferences are greyed out. no choice for scrolling or anything else.

See attached

Fixed by CS Cart team

This problem was caused by a minor bug. We fixed it on your server by replacing the following part of code in the “modifier.to_json.php” file located in the “core/templater_plugins” directory:

$is_list = ($akeys == range(0, sizeof($akeys) - 1));

with this one:

$diff = array_diff($akeys, range(0, sizeof($akeys) - 1));
$is_list = empty($diff);

Awesome thanks for the info.

I think another part of my problem was that I was testing on a local server as well…things can get a little weird by doing so.

So what file actually “remembers” where and how the blocks are positioned? I know that is an odd question, but its still bugging me.:rolleyes:

[quote name=‘CSCartSkins’]So what file actually “remembers” where and how the blocks are positioned? I know that is an odd question, but its still bugging me.:rolleyes:[/QUOTE]

this is controlled by the template system, when you re-arrange blocks the system updates the location of the block templates, each of the location templates contain the block id’s, these templates get saved with the updated information, the location templates are located in …/skins/basic/customer/blocks/locations/

Someone can guide ?

I’m not sure i understand what your asking. The block positions are stored in the database.

[quote name=‘CSCartSkins’]So what file actually “remembers” where and how the blocks are positioned? I know that is an odd question, but its still bugging me.:rolleyes:[/QUOTE]

the positioning of the block locations is controlled by the templates:

/skins/basic/customer/blocks/locations/

[quote name=‘snorocket’]the positioning of the block locations is controlled by the templates:

/skins/basic/customer/blocks/locations/[/QUOTE]

Your correct! Wow, this has been in front of my face the whole time. :oops:

Thanks for the information!