Blocks assigned for Products - Assign to all

When I create a block at Admin/Design/Blocks/Products, I have to click “Assign to all” to get the block to appear with all of my products. The problem is that I frequently add products to my store, and these won’t display my block until I click that “Assign to all” again. Is there a way to configure blocks to appear on all Products by default?

thanks,

Glen

No way to do that currently.

You can assign the block when you create the product by going to the ‘Blocks’ tab and checking “Enable for this page” on the blocks you want displayed. The “assign to all” link in blocks is just setting this for all existing products.

Bob

Adding a block to “all pages” will add the block to all the pages thus allowing you to enable and disable it for the pages you like.

[quote name=‘hbtrading’]Adding a block to “all pages” will add the block to all the pages thus allowing you to enable and disable it for the pages you like.[/QUOTE]

Thanks! I knew it had to be something simple like that.

Glen

Drat. That solution doesn’t quite work because there are ‘views’ that are not configurable via the Blocks sections. For example, the customer profile will always display any block applied to “All Pages”.

Try disabling the box under the “all pages” tab and just enable for the pages needed.