blocks - add to multiple products

I have about 1500 products in my store - and i have a Block that I need to assign to about 200 of these. Is there a quick way to do this or do I have to do it one at a time?

Janine

Go into the blocks> products then edit it, then click assign to products and manage products, here you can bulk search and add them to products in groups. May be easier if you assign all the product to 1 category name then search that cataegory to add all at once, then put the products back in the right category after the block has been assigned.

this may help

John

Hi John,

Thank you for your reply. I just cannot seem to apply a block to multiple products at the same tome.

I can see how to add “Assign to All” & “remove from all” - but I cannot find how to assign to a selection of products.

[quote name='spikeadelika' timestamp='1332968457' post='133980']

Hi John,

Thank you for your reply. I just cannot seem to apply a block to multiple products at the same tome.

I can see how to add “Assign to All” & “remove from all” - but I cannot find how to assign to a selection of products.

[/quote]

Yeah me neither, I'm going mad looking how to add a category or products block to multiple categories or products without having to go in each one, did you get anywhere with this?

Yes, I am also having an issue with this as well. Has anyone figured this out? I am using CS-Cart 2.2.1 and I see no solution to this.

Always a lot of questions on this forum, never a great deal of answers…

I wrote a sql script if you are interested. It's very crude and not particularly re-usable (I didn't intend on sharing it) so it will need some editing for your requirements and comes with no warranty!

Basically you'll see from my script I was wanting to bulk enable block id 71 for all categories up to 2 levels down from category id 12.

Hope this helps…

EnableBlocks.zip

I would not know where to start with that, invosis, but thanks for your contribution. It would be nice to have an actual add-on for this for us non-coders. :-)