Blocks Acting Funky

[color=#800080][font=comic sans ms,cursive]I have never had trouble with blocks until today. I cannot add a block, I cannot add anything to a block, but i can delete all I want from a block. New blocks do not show up, and new links to “Categories” will not be accepted or acknowledged. What’s up with that ??? Any ideas[/font][/color] :confused:

Hello DawnG!

If you didn't have this problem before, please remember what changes you have done to your cart recently. This problem can't appear without any reason. Have you changed any settings? Have you installed any new add-ons to your cart? Uninstall them and see the difference.

Don't forget to clear your cart cache.

Best regards, Alt-team

[quote name=‘Alt-team’ timestamp=‘1346653485’ post=‘144160’]

Hello DawnG!

If you didn’t have this problem before, please remember what changes you have done to your cart recently. This problem can’t appear without any reason. Have you changed any settings? Have you installed any new add-ons to your cart? Uninstall them and see the difference.

Don’t forget to clear your cart cache.

Best regards, Alt-team

[/quote]

[color=#800080][font=comic sans ms,cursive]Immense thanks for your response :)[/font][/color]

[color=#800080][font=comic sans ms,cursive]The only thing I did recently was add a new supplier to a shipping method. Other than that I can’t recall touching anything I shouldn’t touch. I don’t play with anything that may make my cart implode sigh[/font][/color]

[color=#800080][font=comic sans ms,cursive]I cleared my cart cache at least 30 times, and my browser cache/cookies countless times as well, I uninstalled quite a few addons that I was not using, but none that had recently been installed. I have checked and double-checked all my shippings and it all seems to be set up right. I have NO localizations initiated. I have compared all my settings to my other site that is working right, and it is all identical. I have no idea what else to do :([/font][/color]

[color=#800080][font=comic sans ms,cursive]I can add new blocks for products, but categories just will not be accepted and the count for any new attempted category blocks show “0” no matter how many I try to add.[/font][/color]

I use Mozilla Firefox to manage blocks. Blocks just don't respond properly in IE9. I had similar problems until I switched browsers for administration.

[quote name='Magpie Don' timestamp='1347130482' post='144597']

I use Mozilla Firefox to manage blocks. Blocks just don't respond properly in IE9. I had similar problems until I switched browsers for administration.

[/quote]

[color=#800080][font=comic sans ms,cursive]Thanks Magpie Don, but it's Firefox I have been using all along. I have tried Safari and IE, but I still cannot add new categories on on main site. I can add all I want to the sister site with the same settings.[/font][/color]

[color=#800080][font=comic sans ms,cursive]I was having extreme issues with Firefox for a short time after a recent upgrade. When working on products, if I hit the delete button to delete some text from a field the entire field would literally disappear ! If out of frustration I hit delete more than once multiple fields would disappear even if I was not touching them. In a few seconds I could wipe out an entire page ! I was losing my mind for a while there ! I had to concentrate so hard to make sure I hit the backspace button instead of delete…or else all the changes I made would be lost because I had to hit the return to previous page browser button to get those fields back. Thankfully a new upgrade was just administered and that issue is gone.[/font][/color]