Blocking an entire country

I do not want my site available to a specific country and was wondering if there was a way to make this block, like entering an ip range or something similar.

Not really possible, even blocking the country will be of little use as proxies are quite popular. There may be htaccess file blocks available however I have not investigated these.

J

yeah thanks jesse. There is a site that will generate the ip range of a country for cut and paste, but as you say, we would end up blocking heaps of aussie customers as well.

[quote name=‘b4lly’]yeah thanks jesse. There is a site that will generate the ip range of a country for cut and paste, but as you say, we would end up blocking heaps of aussie customers as well.[/QUOTE]

Tested this, works only partly. So I had to remove it.

[quote name=‘Darius’]Tested this, works only partly. So I had to remove it.[/QUOTE]

works only partly? Did it affect functionality or just didn’t block effectively?

your feedback is appreciated

b4lly

You can use Access Restrictions based upon IP addresses except you will find that a large majority of IP ranges are incorrectly tabluated with different regions.

Ie Russian IP addresses can co-exist with Dutch / German / Chinese based IP addresses so the banning can go overboard by blocking customers.

[quote name=‘JesseLeeStringer’]You can use Access Restrictions based upon IP addresses except you will find that a large majority of IP ranges are incorrectly tabluated with different regions.

Ie Russian IP addresses can co-exist with Dutch / German / Chinese based IP addresses so the banning can go overboard by blocking customers.[/QUOTE]

Yes, like me Lithuanian with sometime IP from Germany.