Block managment in News page

[color=#282828][font=arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif][size=2]Hi [/size][/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif][size=2]I run into a problem in V3 Professional in the blocks tab in a news article.[/size][/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif][size=2]We use news system for a weekly kind of tip and we like to associate some products with the weekly tip.[/size][/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif][size=2]So I went and created a new location in blocks (news.page wich is already there in the list) I did some grid & block building, wich worked fine for my news articles ( i use page view for each one and created a left column with product block).[/size][/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif][size=2]So iI have a block with manually filled products, wich I would like to fill for each news article differently. So I went to the news article, to the tab blocks and… empty![/size][/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif][size=2]No blocks at all to customize content to.[/size][/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif][size=2]I searches in forum and in here but no luck.[/size][/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif][size=2]This must be a bug.[/size][/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif][size=2]Can someone reproduce and explain?[/size][/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif][size=2]Thanks[/size][/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif][size=2]Fotis[/size][/font][/color]

[size=4][attachment=6675:blocksv3.jpg][/size]

blocksv3.jpg

Create the Location “News page” (dispatch should be news.view not news.list).That is the Location you should set to be able to edit the Blocks appearance on the Edit News > Blocks tab.

If it is blank, ensure the Location has the Main Content block activated. 99% of the time I find issues like this in CS-Cart, adding the Main Content block fixes it.

Hi StellarBytes

Good one but I had also this in mind and did that before I went to manage the blocks.

No luck!

Have you tried this on your store?

Yes, I have a few stores running V3.0.6 which are actively using customised News pages.

I have experienced similar problems with Products (Products Block tab was blank) in V3, which Support have resolved which were issues with the database, not sure exactly what as they tend not to explicitly state what the problem is or what caused the problem in the first place. There is just too much stored in the corresponding tables to warrant sitting comparing between a working and non-working store, so I have always just relied on CS-Cart for this problem. Almost always experiencing this - or blocks not generating on the front-page - in stores upgraded from V2 to V3, too.