Block Manager - Duplicate Blocks (Why?)

I’m on 2.12 but this happened even on 2.09. In Block Manager, I often get duplicates of the same block several times and I can’t get rid of them. Is this a bug or am i doing something wrong. The manual only has one/twos page on it but nothing explains my duplicates. I cleared cache, logged off etc but nothing works.

Any assistance would be appreciated. Thanks…aj

I have the same issue since 2.0.9. No clue why. Cannot move them or delete.

I can’t add any block since I upgraded to 2.0.12.

If you are using IE, try to make the same change while in Firefox (or vise versa), there are times when this makes a difference for whatever reason. :wink:

Thanks for the fire fox suggestion. I tried it but same results. I can’t really add or delete any blocks. The items duplicate. I have several duplicates. I had hoped that 2.12 would fix this but it has been a problem since 2.08 as mentioned earlier. So I upgraded to 2.12. Do you think the cs-cart dev team knows this is a serious issue when it comes to design?

The product is somewhat unusable if you can’t design it. Does anyone else have any ideas? I’d appreciate it.

Hello,

[QUOTE]Do you think the cs-cart dev team knows this is a serious issue when it comes to design?

The product is somewhat unusable if you can’t design it.[/QUOTE]

The problem is that this block issue mentioned is only being experienced by a small percentage of users, so it may not actually be a “bug” in the CS-Cart script. It may be a file error during an upgrade, or something missed during FTP, or a permissions issue, or DB script update issue.

I decided to start everything again with 2.0.11 and then upgraded to .12 with no problems. Still duplicate blocks and cannot remove them. CHMOD is ok.

I also agree. I went back over the manual today and re ran permissions based on the manual. I’ve been with them since 1.34 so, i felt comfortable with permissions on 2.12. Mine was also a fresh install from 2.08, 2.09 all the way to 2.12. The duplicates are still there after re permissioning. Just seems like we should see many others complaining about this feature which is quite important. Unless most are scared of 2.0?

Any help would be appreciated.

Many people are running v2.0.x (as can be seen in the forum).

It appears that most people are not experiencing this problem but I recall this being an issue during one of the upgrades (maybe 2.0.8->2.0.9). Is this an upgraded installation? What version did the site start at?

One thing you can do is review the block definition files for duplicates. For instance, if you have a duplicate in the left column on the home page, look at /skins/basic/customer/blocks/locations/index/left.tpl. If you have a duplicate line, you can delete one of them. I know this resolved a problem I had:

[url]http://forum.cs-cart.com/showthread.php?t=14237&highlight=block[/url]

Bob

That worked. Although I didn’t understand why the duplicates happened going back to the skin as your link suggested and cleaning up the tpl did correct the issue. The only thing I can think of is I might have moved the blocks around too fast and it didn;t update the blocks correctly. EXAMPLE: Left the original behind and then created a new one. Which is the duplicate.

Thanks again…at least if I every have this issue again, i’ll know how to clean it up.

Glad it worked!

I really think a lot of this was residual from one of the upgrades. I have not had this issue with any of the newer releases but maybe I am just lucky (hope I didn’t jinx myself).

Bob

Hello,

Same for me… one 2.011 works… other no…:confused: :confused:

If you understand how works cscart_blocks_position table, we can use it. but even with 2.0 with position able to moove, nothing happens in this table…:? *

why?

gg96-

If you are experiencing the same problem, the above solution should work.

If you are having a different problem, please explain it in detail.

Bob

Hello Bob,

It’s not a duplicate problem. I can’t moove block! Look my picture…

When I try to moove a block, I select word…

I use 2.11

Any idea?

Thanks

CS-impossible-moove-blocks.JPG

Can you move any blocks or is it just the one? I know some people had problems with earlier versions but it seems to work now for most. One possibility would be to delete the block and then create it from scratch.

Bob

The instructions I was provided above can move or add anything because it’s in the template or block. Even though I think the block manager should work better, the solution jobosales gave me gives me the ultimate solution. You can copy and paste and clean up or move anything. It’s not coding…but copy and paste. Check it out. It will solve your problem until it’s resolved some day.

[quote name=‘Noman’]I decided to start everything again with 2.0.11 and then upgraded to .12 with no problems. Still duplicate blocks and cannot remove them. CHMOD is ok.[/QUOTE]

I found to fix this, you need to delete all blocks in all sections, then I went into the template editor to … /skins/basic/customer/blocks/locations/ and I opened all the tpl files in all the sections and removed the block data, just do not remove the first line:

{block content=true wrapper=“blocks/wrappers/mainbox_general.tpl”}

in the central.tpl file, after making sure all these files were blank my blocks began working normally without any issues, give it a try - Sno

Sno,

It works. Thank you sir :wink:

It’s all blocks… I’ll try to uprade to 2.12… an I tell you.

Thanks sno for this idea, but nothings happens…

[quote name=‘gg96’]It’s all blocks… I’ll try to uprade to 2.12… an I tell you.

Thanks sno for this idea, but nothings happens…[/QUOTE]

Do all of the above steps and then before you even think about adding 1 block in, clear the cache:

http://www.your_domain.com/index.php?cc

I just did this on an upgrade and had the same problem, I did the above steps and it worked - Sno