Black theme?

Hi all. I am a new user and would like a black theme with some red and such in it. Possibly some orange. I will attach a header below. Any ideas?

page.layout-zone-header.jpg

You will have to make all changes in the skin css file. Install a Firefox browser and Firebug addon. It’s the best “tool” to do that.

[quote name=‘indy0077’]You will have to make all changes in the skin css file. Install a Firefox browser and Firebug addon. It’s the best “tool” to do that.[/quote]

Thank you very much. I have these installed already though I do admit I am new to firebug. I always used Web Developer for Firefox before.

Where are our free skin choices to start with? In the installation? I will install as soon as my domain is squared away.

[quote name=‘Nukem’]Where are our free skin choices to start with? In the installation? I will install as soon as my domain is squared away.[/QUOTE]

Go to Design->Skin selector.

Bob

[quote name=‘Nukem’]Thank you very much. I have these installed already though I do admit I am new to firebug. I always used Web Developer for Firefox before.

Where are our free skin choices to start with? In the installation? I will install as soon as my domain is squared away.[/quote]

You won’t find free skin choices other than those included with the cart and you can access those with previews through your admin panel from the Design tab then Skin selector. You’ll have to edit some images in a program like Photoshop and do the rest in styles.css. Other files will come into play such as top.tpl and bottom.tpl.

Ooops. Sorry Bob we were posting at the same time.

Thanks. I have seen some pretty custom sites from members here. I am surprised that the skin sites I have seen are soooo limited.

[quote name=‘Nukem’]Thanks. I have seen some pretty custom sites from members here. I am surprised that the skin sites I have seen are soooo limited.[/quote]

What do you mean with ‘limited’?

[quote name=‘Nukem’]Thanks. I have seen some pretty custom sites from members here. I am surprised that the skin sites I have seen are soooo limited.[/quote]

They are not limited. If you need help in creating a theme either read the posts on this site and learn how to do it or hire someone.

[quote name=‘indy0077’]What do you mean with ‘limited’?[/quote]

Well. Search for skins for Oscommerce. Then search for skins for Zencart. Now search for skins for CS-Cart.

Another example would be [url]http://www.templatemonster.com/ecommerce-templates.php[/url]

[quote name=‘Nukem’]Well. Search for skins for Oscommerce. Then search for skins for Zencart. Now search for skins for CS-Cart.

Another example would be [URL]http://www.templatemonster.com/ecommerce-templates.php[/URL][/quote]

Sure and clear. They make money with “free” carts because they know most people do use these free scripts.

And most of these templates have nice look - but only the home page. If you go to products or other pages, then you will have to change the skin by “yourself”.

Good point. Lets look at paid forums for instance. Search for skins for Vbulletin and Invision Power Board. Not the same case.

Not whinin’ here. Just wishing there were more black choices. Seems there would be more than 1 or 2 out there.

Have you checked out third party skins - you have to pay but you may find what you are looking for. Just Google CS-Cart Skins.

[quote name=‘Lyn’]Have you checked out third party skins - you have to pay but you may find what you are looking for. Just Google CS-Cart Skins.[/quote]

Oh I have. Way before I posted this thread.