Big Cache

Hi.

I realised that last days my disk space usage is increasing fast. Before 4 days it passed the limit. I difficultly managed to clear the cache with &cc after hours. Today I saw that again it passed the limit. Is there a known reason that it is happening. How can I clear cache faster?

What is your cart version?

My version is 4.1.5

[quote name='akistdm' timestamp='1427028429' post='208649']

Hi.

I realised that last days my disk space usage is increasing fast. Before 4 days it passed the limit. I difficultly managed to clear the cache with &cc after hours. Today I saw that again it passed the limit. Is there a known reason that it is happening. How can I clear cache faster?

[/quote]

I am not sure about the reason of this issue. But in the control panel of your server you can create a cron task which will clear cache daily (e.g. midnight), Please use the URL in the following format:

http://your_domain.com/your_admin_script.php?cc&ctpl

clearing cache is not smart option. It will slow down your store. Think about upgrading from shared hosting or ask for more space.

[quote name='demeldoo' timestamp='1427111794' post='208739']

clearing cache is not smart option. It will slow down your store. Think about upgrading from shared hosting or ask for more space.

[/quote]

You can try to clear cache then the traffic is low (e.g. after midnight). Also you can try various options - clear templates or system cache

Or ask CS-Cart to fix it. This has to be a bug. Cache was never a problem in earlier versions. I have installed some carts lately with a couple of hundred products and hardly any traffic at all. Within days after deleting the cache, its back with several gigabytes of cache. This can't be the way it should work.

[quote name='Onkel_Sid' timestamp='1427127406' post='208771']

Or ask CS-Cart to fix it. This has to be a bug. Cache was never a problem in earlier versions. I have installed some carts lately with a couple of hundred products and hardly any traffic at all. Within days after deleting the cache, its back with several gigabytes of cache. This can't be the way it should work.

[/quote]

Did you contact CS-Cart? Please share their solution

I don't think this i a bug because the problem has suddenly appear.

We are in this version one year now and we hadn't any problem.

This is happening the last days. I don't lnow why.

I am searching on it.

Did anyone have any luck solving this issue?

It has just started happening to my store on 4.2.3

No issue for a year, then all of a sudden it happenend.

I have been having similar problem. When search engines start hitting filter URLs, /var/cache/ folder is filled with tons of files. My solution is to run cron job at midnight to delete cache folder completely.

0 0 * * * rm /var/www/html/var/cache/* -rf;

[quote name='b4lly' timestamp='1432595872' post='215736']

Did anyone have any luck solving this issue?

It has just started happening to my store on 4.2.3

No issue for a year, then all of a sudden it happenend.

[/quote]

We have a website with more then 2000 categories. We use around 50 product-features in a filter.

When we did a cache clean &cc&ctpl or rename the var/cache folder our website is completely unreachable for around 1 hour.

The server load goes up to 8GB (httpd server &PHP5.6 module).

But after waiting a hour, website is back.

To solve: we disable the features-filter in the fronted (located on category pages).

After: cache is cleaned within less then 5 minutes.

Currently I'm looking for a way to disable the filters/product features from the cache.

For the members who have the same problem with slow caching, please try to disable the feature filters on the frontend and have a new try. In my opinion it should be faster.

Update: I'm not 100% sure if the problem described above is affected by the product feature filters.

Second opinion: If we do a cc&ctpl clean and there are 5 staff members working in our backend then it will affect a huge delay. Probably the backend processes are blocking/delaying the caching process.

If somebody detect related issues, please post it.