Better SEO

Does anyone know of a reliable service that can help with SEO. We have used a few different SEO software suites to help with better search results and still when going to google and typing our domain getting around 3,000 to 4,000 results. We seem to get an average of 30 - 50 hits a day.

We have started to modify tags,search words, page titles, meta ect. Also added google base and some link trading. Even purchased our domain for 5 years to show that we are here to stay.

We have seen sites offering top 10 and all that ****. But to be honest I just don’t trust them as they may end up sending us BS traffic. I know of another site that just came up and has a ton more traffic. But you know that you can not really ask your competitor what they did.

Anyone have any recommendations on services or ideas that will not get me kicked from indexing that they have worked with?

Remove doorway page (I’ve visited your website before and left the same secon after seeing the doorway page) Put website on domain root so that customers get to see your products first as well as professionalism Product Images: Increase product image on page will have more people visiting Create alt-tags for all your images Remove product codes from all your URLs Product Page: Create hyperlinks to categories and pages that are suitable. ie “High Quality Car Vinyl Stickers” I’m sure you’ve got no competition in that field. I suggest that you create a niche product and focus your sales interests to it rather then being a generic store (going for SEO here, not your business practises) I’ve just started developing on this website however an upgrade is planned in the next month. Product page is worth following if you need some tips: [url]http://www.barnlightelectric.com/gooseneck-barn-lights/gooseneck-lighting/barn-light-the-artesia-8-to-10-warehouse-shade.html[/url] I personally offer SEO as well as a few others across the forum, it really depends on who you trust and obviously your budget. I’ll leave others who might want the SEO work to post here. J

Hello CutRiteFX,

Ask advice to experts:

1 - [url]SEOChat - SEO news & guides in bite-sized portions!

2 - [url]http://www.highrankings.com/forum/[/url]

3 - [url]http://www.webworkshop.net/seoforum/index.php[/url]

Lee Li Pop

checkered-custom-vinyl-graphics-cr010.html

(why there is no word of what graphics are designed for?) how would you look for your product in google search ?

Product code does not do any harm, on some heywords I got nearly first positions with same solution.

Most important seo thing is have as less as possible or better one link / way of accessing same page.

For example

checkered-custom-vinyl-graphics-cr010.html is OK

Below not OK

checkered-custom-vinyl-graphics-cr010.html&sess_id=34348989

checkered-custom-vinyl-graphics-cr010.html¤cy=usd

checkered-custom-vinyl-graphics-cr010.html& some other option

use

[url]http://www.seomoz.org/crawl-test[/url]

And check what categories are indexed.

Honestly I did same “We have started to modify tags,search words, page titles, meta ect.” but it gave me negative effect. I would suggest to keep this stuff on minimum and very unique. From all this I think page title is important, next is description of the product + url.

I would probably move out

“Get a quote from us” (it is already fitted on Information section) from product page sponsored links also.

Product description page is key page for sale, all unnecessary stuff should not be included same as in cart and checkout.

In your place I would add links to how this stuff works. How is this stuff added on cars, how this looks on different cars already fitted. But not full description just very brief and link to your “knowledge base”. Some pictures of adding this in action. I used to buy magazines “Car Audio” like to see custom audio installation steps, how its done. Virtual graphics you got simply do not inspire me, pictures like from some 3d games NFS…

Your description of the products is rather poor.

in google site:www.cutritefx.com

[url]http://www.cutritefx.com/store/mini-cooper-stripes-custom-vinyl-graphics.html[/url]

[url]http://www.cutritefx.com/store/dragon-hood-or-windshield-custom-vinyl-graphics-dragon015.html[/url]

You can clearly see here negative effect of custom page title. Now if I were robot and would see same page title I would not even continue checking if the content does not match.

I really appreciate everyone’s info

JesseLeeStringer

I have moved the store to the root. Also removed product code from page titles.

((Product Images: Increase product image on page will have more people visiting))

Do you mean increase the size of the product images?

I am currently working on alt-tags for images ect.

And having trouble with descriptions and product names as just about all of them are the same description and the only real difference is the design. This is why I was using the product code in on the product name.

Do I have to sit and figure out 300 different ways to name a product?

SEO is a lot of common sense. I can help walk you through it. Send me a private message

[quote name=‘CutRiteFX’]Does anyone know of a reliable service that can help with SEO. We have used a few different SEO software suites to help with better search results and still when going to google and typing our domain getting around 3,000 to 4,000 results. We seem to get an average of 30 - 50 hits a day.

We have started to modify tags,search words, page titles, meta ect. Also added google base and some link trading. Even purchased our domain for 5 years to show that we are here to stay.

We have seen sites offering top 10 and all that ****. But to be honest I just don’t trust them as they may end up sending us BS traffic. I know of another site that just came up and has a ton more traffic. But you know that you can not really ask your competitor what they did.

Anyone have any recommendations on services or ideas that will not get me kicked from indexing that they have worked with?[/QUOTE]

[quote name=‘Lee Li Pop’]Hello CutRiteFX,

Ask advice to experts:

1 - [url]SEOChat - SEO news & guides in bite-sized portions!

2 - [url]http://www.highrankings.com/forum/[/url]

3 - [url]http://www.webworkshop.net/seoforum/index.php[/url]

Lee Li Pop[/QUOTE]

After browsing those forums I wouldn’t consider them experts just knowledgeable, and most of everything someone post their is debatable. However, I would ask advice from “experts” that is familiar with CS-Cart. I’d contact Jesse if your ready to find the solution to your problem in a quick manner.

Hello KBM,

Does SEO is fast as a 100 meters of an Olympic race?

Or is it that SEO is a long distance race like a marathon, where strategy exceeds speed?

Don’t jeopardize your whole business!

In addition, the SEO applies to all websites. That is for information pages HTML static sites, or dynamic communities websites with PHP + MySQL like those build with Joomla, or e-commerce websites with PHP + MySQL + Smarty build with CS-Cart.

The SEO techniques are the same for all sites. It’s your knowledge and power to implement them makes the difference.

The great strength of CS-Cart is that it works with Smarty. All SEO tips and trics can be easily and quickly implemented in a Smarty website.

Finally, be aware, if one day I need advice about farm materials, I will not asking advice from SEO expert. This day, I will ask advice to a farmer.

Especialy if this SEO expert ask me money for! :grin:

Lee Li Pop

[quote name=‘Lee Li Pop’]Hello KBM,

Does SEO is fast as a 100 meters of an Olympic race?

Or is it that SEO is a long distance race like a marathon, where strategy exceeds speed?

Don’t jeopardize your whole business!

[/quote]

You have your fair share of points however after a lengthy relationship I worked with Kenneth and:

Migrated hosting from GoDaddy.

Upgraded the store to 2.0.x (pending update to 2.0.8)

Performed CS-Cart SEO best practises.

From that point forward Kenneth claims he’s had more orders because of it.

I’ve done the same for Barn Light Electric (in my signature) and while the website doesn’t look all that flash it’s at the top of it’s game SEO wise.

Pending the 2.0.9 release I’ll be moving BLE to 2.0 and integrating a large range of modifications, seo stategies and customer UI improvements.

Sure, I could got to SEO round table and ask for their advice but these days it’s quite “generic” or bland in that it’s not targeted for an eCommerce store. Without doubt it would be useful against html/css websites but not the system that we’re running at this time.

Google ‘organic seo’ and start reading. I have an seo company and my advice is to do it yourself.

[quote name=‘roban’]I have an seo company and my advice is to do it yourself.[/QUOTE]

This isn’t a very good way to draw in more customers. Your advice should be that it is really hard to do and should only be done by professionals.

Brandon

I have no intention of drawing in more customers. The business of SEO, after 5 years of charging thousands of dollars for services, has become so diluted with quackery that anyone with an ounce of sense and the willingness to read a few lines of text easily found, can claim to be a professional.

The elements of organic seo have been displaced by program after program of click-a-button ease that a bit of common sense will go a mile. A web designer who doesn’t build a few simple elements into their work is not worth the pixel space they take up.

I did all seo myself.

Did everything that was suggested in

[url]http://www.google.com/support/forum/p/Webmasters/label?lid=41234c84d9491af8&hl=en[/url]

Also few tips Jesse gave.

Since I moved from 135 to 2x my site was totally removed from google with standard cart.

Now

Indexed urls increased from 300 to 1500 shown in webmaster tools. Google added even quick links to my site result. Main keywords I am interested my site results in first page.

[quote name=‘Darius’]I did all seo myself.

Did everything that was suggested in

[url]http://www.google.com/support/forum/p/Webmasters/label?lid=41234c84d9491af8&hl=en[/url]

Also few tips Jesse gave.

Since I moved from 135 to 2x my site was totally removed from google with standard cart.

Now

Indexed urls increased from 300 to 1500 shown in webmaster tools. Google added even quick links to my site result. Main keywords I am interested my site results in first page.[/QUOTE]

Excellent example of someone who wants to take control of his own marketing.

[quote name=‘roban’]I have no intention of drawing in more customers. The business of SEO, after 5 years of charging thousands of dollars for services, has become so diluted with quackery that anyone with an ounce of sense and the willingness to read a few lines of text easily found, can claim to be a professional.

The elements of organic seo have been displaced by program after program of click-a-button ease that a bit of common sense will go a mile. A web designer who doesn’t build a few simple elements into their work is not worth the pixel space they take up.[/quote]

Too many soothsayers these days.

I have had other companies do SEO work for me over the years, and I have started doing a lot of my own. But building backlinks is a huge factor to getting your site ranked.

A site I have been impressed with breaks down all the backlink building techniques by packages. That way you don’t have to pay somebody turnkey for things you don’t need.

Do what Jessie said, and use common sense SEO techniques relating to titles, alt tags, on-page seo, siloing navigation, etc.

Then go to www.submitedge.com and consider trying the small link building packages and see how it works for you. They send a report for each one.

Later.

BR

Animated Marketing

[quote name=‘CutRiteFX’]Does anyone know of a reliable service that can help with SEO. We have used a few different SEO software suites to help with better search results and still when going to google and typing our domain getting around 3,000 to 4,000 results. We seem to get an average of 30 - 50 hits a day.

Anyone have any recommendations on services or ideas that will not get me kicked from indexing that they have worked with?[/quote]

On your “Submit a link” page you should provide your exchange link with a anchor text of your keyword phrase, not just the url.

Bye