Beta version of Live Help add-on is available

[QUOTE]hey you all i am upgraded to 2.0.11 the true version of it not the beta

but i dont see live help anywhere on there is that feature not available[/QUOTE]

The live help feature was removed from CS-Cart when Version 2 was released.

It “should be” re-introduced into CS-Cart as a standard feature soon considering it has been at the beta stage for around 6 weeks now… :wink:

[quote name=‘racingsolution’]If you are looking for an alternative, I recommend LiveZilla[/QUOTE]

how does one install live zilla ?

They have really good install docs… take a look at it… you install server files and then your desktop app.

[quote name=‘indy0077’]Hi, we use LiveZilla (free), it’s very good and stable with many functions like SSL support, Archive, Visitors Tracking, etc.[/QUOTE]

indy can you give me the details on how to install it step by step instructions would help

thanks in advance

LiveZilla comes with step by step instructions.

1. execute the LiveZilla_3.1.8.3_Full.exe on your computer
  2. it will create 2 shortcuts on your desktop: Client and Server
  3. create a folder on your server where do you want to install LiveZilla files (LiveZilla can be installed on any server, it doesn’t to be the server where the CS-Cart lives)
  4. create a database on the server where you will install LiveZilla
  5. go to your desktop and open the LiveZilla Server
  6. go to “Create new server” on the top
  7. complete all required information

8 )> next > next > choose ftp upload
  8. test the server conection
  9. put your database details and click on “create tables”
  10. verify the installation

That’s all. Then just open the server admin of LiveZilla from your desktop again and go to “server configuration”.

If you are finished open the “Link generator/…” on the bottom of server admin, create a code and put the code into your site (or html block fo CS-Cart)

[quote name=‘indy0077’]1) execute the LiveZilla_3.1.8.3_Full.exe on your computer

2) it will create 2 shortcuts on your desktop: Client and Server

3) create a folder on your server where do you want to install LiveZilla files (LiveZilla can be installed on any server, it doesn’t to be the server where the CS-Cart lives)

4) create a database on the server where you will install LiveZilla

5) go to your desktop and open the LiveZilla Server

6) go to “Create new server” on the top

7) complete all required information

8 )> next > next > choose ftp upload

9) test the server conection

10) put your database details and click on “create tables”

11) verify the installation

That’s all. Then just open the server admin of LiveZilla from your desktop again and go to “server configuration”.

If you are finished open the “Link generator/…” on the bottom of server admin, create a code and put the code into your site (or html block fo CS-Cart)[/QUOTE]

question why is live zilla trying to make changes to my computer settings ? i have trend micro and it is picking up a change in the process

[quote name=‘lawnmowertech’]question why is live zilla trying to make changes to my computer settings ? i have trend micro and it is picking up a change in the process[/quote]

Don’t know, anyway it’s working, sure it can be different by each computer and OS. Each program must make some changes by installation on a computer, otherwise it wouldn’t work.

LiveZilla works awesome! Thanks for mentioning it :slight_smile:

I have installed the live help addon properly in the admin section, and I see the links for “Operators” and “Chat History”, but I am confused as to how I am supposed to implement this on the client-side.

I downloaded the live_help_lin folder, and installed it in the root cs-cart directory. What are the steps I need to take in order to make this chat available to the public?

You need to create a Live Help block in Design->Blocks. This will allow your customer to access LiveHelp.

Don’t forget that you will need to be running the Windows client software on a local computer to be able to use Live Chat.

Bob

And what are now the pro and cons Filezilla vs. Helpdesk addon from cs-cart?

[quote name=‘Triplex’]And what are now the pro and cons Filezilla vs. Helpdesk addon from cs-cart?[/quote]

LiveZilla has more funtions at the moment like geographic location, ban functions and configuration settings.

I didn’t try Help Desk Addon but you can use LiveZilla on multiple sites from one installation and LiveZilla can be installed anywhere also outside of CS-Cart installation or server.

[QUOTE]And what are now the pro and cons Filezilla vs. Helpdesk addon from cs-cart?[/QUOTE]

Livezilla is actually completed. The CS-Cart Helpdesk would be awesome to have as a built-in outta the box Addon if it ever actually gets completed! :cool:

[quote name=‘Struck’]Livezilla is actually completed. The CS-Cart Helpdesk would be awesome to have as a built-in outta the box Addon if it ever actually gets completed! :cool:[/QUOTE]

And even better if they deliver multiplatform support - LiveZilla is Windows-only.

Bob

[quote name=‘jobosales’]And even better if they deliver multiplatform support - LiveZilla is Windows-only.

Bob[/quote]

ProvideSupport.com Win/Osx/Online

Jesse, you are the only one here in the forums which can afford to “Rent” a live chat service! :slight_smile:

The rest of us need FREE !

[quote name=‘Struck’]Jesse, you are the only one here in the forums which can afford to “Rent” a live chat service! :slight_smile:

The rest of us need FREE ![/quote]

Well, $99 for 1 operator - Mac / Windows / Web = $0.27 per day.

Overall, it’s likely to have made us $100 per month.

PS: I would advise that customers attempt the trial to see if they ACTUALLY get interest from customers to use LiveChat, it’s not the most popular against calling.

[quote name=‘indy0077’]Don’t know, anyway it’s working, sure it can be different by each computer and OS. Each program must make some changes by installation on a computer, otherwise it wouldn’t work.[/QUOTE]

indy where do i install this on the server whats the path for it ?

i did a server test and it gives a error Can’t connect to the LiveZilla Server. The target URI seems to be wrong.

Please check / validate the URI (Server Profile)

Further information:

The remote server returned an error: (404) Not Found.

what do i do there ?

We still use Livehelp from stardevelop.com because we can have one livehelp on multiple sites with only one place for us to be able help the customers.