Beta Testing Of Upgrade 4.3.3 - 4.3.4

In an ideal world, it would be nice to work as follows.

Current site for example is 4.2.4

Upgrade to 4.3.1, 4.3.2, 4.3.3 and 4.3.4 on a development site

Be nice to diff between 4.2.4 and 4.3.4 so changes can be reviewed and updated. in client source base (without having to do this for each incremental upgrade since I don't have confidence that upgrades report proper conflicts).

I should then have a development 4.3.4 site that has all current files and all local customizations that are required applied. I can then thoroughly test this development site.

My process would then be to:

• close the production store
  • Upgrade production from 4.2.4 -> 4.3.1 -> 4.3.2 -> 4.3.3 ->4.3.4 (this will ensure the DB is correct)
  • Copy the development site files to the production site (should have local changes applied)
  • Open the store
  • This production upgrade should take less than an hour and have complete confidence in the results.

I have the same error trying to upgrade from 4.3.1 to 4.3.2 -

Errorphar zip flush of "/usr/local/lsws/DEFAULT/html/xxx/var/cache/misc/tmp/backup/09Apr2016_142359.zip" failed: unable to write contents of file "var/restore/dump_04092016.sql" in zip-based phar "/usr/local/lsws/DEFAULT/html/xxx/var/cache/misc/tmp/backup/09Apr2016_142359.zip"

Is there a resolution to this problem? The restore directory did not exist under; var/restore so I created it with write permissions. Still getting the error though.

As in discussed in many other threads, change the line from

‘compress’ => ‘zip’,
to
‘compress’ => ‘’,
in app/Tygh/UpgradeCenter/App.php on about line 1161

Unfortunately that didn't work. My App.php file (for version 4.3.1) is only 965 lines long. I found the code you were referring to on line 386 and changed it as you said. I also found this code on line 365;

$restore_key = $this->prepareRestore($backup_filename . '.zip');

I actually tried changing both of those references to tgz instead, but then got a tar error;

Errortar-based phar "/usr/local/lsws/DEFAULT/html/xxx/var/cache/misc/tmp/backup/10Apr2016_132336.tgz.tmp" cannot be created, contents of file "var/restore/dump_04102016.sql" could not be written

Ok, fixed it, I changed the line;

'compress' => 'zip',

to;

'compress' => false,

And that worked.