Best shared hosting company?

I have used shared hosting for approximately 20 years. I am with one of the worst now, GoDaddy. I used StartLogic for years and after their transition/upgrade period they were very good. BUT, it’s been awhile and things change. I am posting here to get possible referrals.

It seems the larger a hosting company gets the worse the service so I am looking for a smaller company. Server speed is a concern but more importantly tech support that is knowledgeable and helpful, not unskilled and patronizing.

I have been reading reviews and checking forums and so far inmotion hosting seems to stand out. I use the latest v. of CS-Cart which I am very pleased with. I tried so many I almost gave up! I am very happy I found CS-Cart.

I can certainly confirm your concerns as in my experience I have been “run through the mill” when it comes to hosting companies.

It is not fun and I wouldn’t wish it on anyone.

I, too, was with GoDaddy all of about a month, one of the worst when it comes to hosting of any kind.

I couldn’t even get my Joomla website installed and running on their VDS…and support is just horrible.

I have been with InMotionHosting for my corporate website on VPS Hosting for a little over 2 years…they have just been great.

I’m running 4 different websites, one with Joomla/VM and will be going live with my CS-CART webstore in the next week or 2 and have no complaints at all concerning speed.

Since then I decided to try their Shared Hosting for my freelance business and for a little over 6 months everything has been better than expected for sure. No issues.

No crashes, no downtime!

Fast, responsive Tech Support regardless of issue…they even provide live chat support!

Their Servers are fast, reliable and they do security right.

I’ve stopped looking for another Hosting company since finding these guys…and that is a huge relief. They know what they are doing.

I don’t do recommendations at all, but when I find something this good I feel obligated to share it, because believe me, I know what “Hosting Hell” is really like.

WebGuy,

Thank you for the reply. I ended up going with InMotion and I believe it was a good move me. Your post reinforces the positive.

Thanks again, Mel

Hello,

All my websites are at Pair since 2000.

You can ask some questions on Web Hosting Talk Forum.

Lee Li Pop

About InMotionHosting see my post:

[url]http://forum.cs-cart.com/showthread.php?p=56745[/url]

I’ve been using [URL=“http://www.arvixe.com/”]Arvixe Web Hosting shared hosting for two months and they have been great so far.

Jason

I’ve been using and recommending Hurricane Electric for about 11 years.

24/7 live and courteous person whenever I called.

What to expect: plain linux hosting, without bells and whistles (like CPanel), but their servers are up-to-date, very fast, almost no downtime that I can remember, supports many languages.

They are a hosting company, not a domain-name seller.

My short little “testimonial” doesn’t do justice. See for yourself.

I’m not affiliated with them, I just know them for many years.

[quote name=‘Arius’]I’ve been using and recommending Hurricane Electric for about 11 years.

24/7 live and courteous person whenever I called.

What to expect: plain linux hosting, without bells and whistles (like CPanel), but their servers are up-to-date, very fast, almost no downtime that I can remember, supports many languages.

They are a hosting company, not a domain-name seller.

My short little “testimonial” doesn’t do justice. See for yourself.

I’m not affiliated with them, I just know them for many years.[/QUOTE]

Hello Arius,

What is your contract?

Collocation or dedicated server ?

How many website do you have at Hurricane Electric

Let’s talk money… How much do you pay a year?

Lee Li Pop

[quote name=‘Lee Li Pop’]Hello Arius,

What is your contract?

Collocation or dedicated server ?

[/QUOTE]

Contract? You asked about Shared Hosting. Every site has it’s own account (mostly I use the $10 a month, though a few I have with the $25 a month plan, depending on the amount of images/files).

[QUOTE]

How many website do you have at Hurricane Electric

[/QUOTE]

In the last few years, it runs anywhere between 3 to 10. Again, I setup each site or client with an account. I’m not their reseller. [url]http://bit.ly/YgRaV[/url]

All my websites are at CyberLNC, I’m very satisfied with the level of service these guys provide. They know cs-cart very well and they go out of their way to help out. That’s why I’m sticking with them.

If you’d consider going with a VPS (slightly more expensive than shared), I highly recommend ServInt. I’ve been with them for a couple years and their service and uptime is excellent.

Over the years I’ve been with a few companies: Verio VPS (ok, but not great), Hostway shared (poor performance), Rackspace managed server (good service, expensive), Mosso cloud hosting (cloud hosting doesn’t work well for what I need), and finally ServInt (best value I’ve found).

Hope this helps :slight_smile:

[quote name=‘gugga7’]All my websites are at CyberLNC, I’m very satisfied with the level of service these guys provide. They know cs-cart very well and they go out of their way to help out. That’s why I’m sticking with them.[/QUOTE]

CyberLNC, is the only hosting company I will ever deal with from here on out. My CS-Cart speed dramatically increased.