Best Hosting Choice - Csc Centric Or Generalist?

Will be moving to a VPS and I'm looking at hosting companies. I have been checking this forum (mostly not current comments) and online reviews (also sometimes not current) and after investigating web sites I've come up with a short list which is really not so short. Would appreciate comments about current experiences.

I'm looking for managed VPS and if possible “CS-Cart centric.” I found that one can get impressive specs at reasonable cost, including processor count and fully SSD servers. I don't know servers so don't know which is best.[list]

[]Serveint and Knownhost both have well priced and specced plans that would make moving from shared hosting fairly painless and seem like good companies.

[
]VPS-node.com seems like above but smaller, also CSC reseller (looks like it's same as Martfox).

[]linode.com seems similar to them but more generic and reseller oriented.

[
]Wiredtree also seems goos but somewhat more expensive and with a touch of CS-Cart expertise.

[]SIteground claims warm and fuzzy CSC support in addition to nice plans, features and pricing.

[
]a2 and TMDhosting make persuasive speed claims and have attractively priced plans

[*]Hostiso mentions CSC plans and offers semi-dedicated (starting at $70) servers as the next step after shared and does not offer plain VPS plans. interesting but not what I want, unless their impressive looking top shared plan might work for me.

[/list]

Comments?

Hi,

a OPENVZ with:

2048 MB Memory

2048 MB vSwap Memory

100 GB SSD Cached RAID10 Space

3000 GB Bandwidth

for $25 ??? This can’t “work” :-)

I would recommend one of our VPS with Xen Virtualization .

Regards

James

[quote name=‘martfox’ timestamp=‘1424587384’ post=‘206151’]

Hi,

a OPENVZ with:

2048 MB Memory

2048 MB vSwap Memory

3000 GB Bandwidth

Regards

James

[/quote]

Thanks for reply. I wondered about some of the pricing. from what I’ve seen XEN is better rated.

Hi Merchant Man,

Please Check Your PM.

Thanks,

Mithilesh

[quote name=‘martfox’ timestamp=‘1424587384’ post=‘206151’]

Hi,

a OPENVZ with:

2048 MB Memory

2048 MB vSwap Memory

3000 GB Bandwidth

Regards

James

[/quote]

Hi James,

We want to run an additional site eventually but at present just the present site and a dev site. Which XEN plan would you recommend? Would 2GB RAM be enough? We have around 5000 images and growing. Also. do you offer any development or optimization services?

Thanks,

Tom

[quote name='merchantman' timestamp='1428416100' post='210612']

Hi James,

We want to run an additional site eventually but at present just the present site and a dev site. Which XEN plan would you recommend? Would 2GB RAM be enough? We have around 5000 images and growing. Also. do you offer any development or optimization services?

Thanks,

Tom

[/quote]

Hi Tom,

you can start with the XEN 2 with 2 GB RAM. You will see, if it's enough or not. Then you can upgrade to the XEN 3 or just simply upgrade the RAM as needed.