Best Course Of Action

[COLOR=“Purple”]I am now using 2.0.8 & of course want to upgrade to the newest version.

What is the best way to go about it…upgrade one at a time & fix the issues, or go all the way & deal with it all at once ? From what most of you are saying, the 2.0.12 seems to be the least troublesome version in quite a while…[/COLOR]

I would recommend upgrading everything and then looking making your adjustments.

That is what I did. Then you only make your changes once.

Hope that helps.

Adam

Because my sites are heavily modified I always start with a fresh install and I have an SQL patch that will upgrade the db from 2.08 to 2.0.10 in about 3 seconds - Sno

[quote name=‘snorocket’]Because my sites are heavily modified I always start with a fresh install and I have an SQL patch that will upgrade the db from 2.08 to 2.0.10 in about 3 seconds - Sno[/QUOTE]

[COLOR=“Purple”]Is this patch available through CS-Cart, or is this something you carefully assembled [/COLOR]:wink:

[quote name=‘jegesmaci’]I would recommend upgrading everything and then looking making your adjustments.

That is what I did. Then you only make your changes once.

Hope that helps.

Adam[/QUOTE]

[COLOR=“Purple”]I was REALLY hoping you’d say that…thanks[/COLOR] :smiley:

This evening, I used the ugrade center to update from 2.0.8 to 2.0.12. First, though, I backed up my skins directory.

Now, I’m making my way through the modifications to ensure my revisions kept. I had used the basic skin to build my custom skin and am now making the necessary revisions.

[quote name=‘seven24’]This evening, I used the ugrade center to update from 2.0.8 to 2.0.12. First, though, I backed up my skins directory.

Now, I’m making my way through the modifications to ensure my revisions kept. I had used the basic skin to build my custom skin and am now making the necessary revisions.[/QUOTE]

[COLOR=“Purple”]Did you jump directly to .12, or did you go through .9, .10 & .11 ? I would be SO relieved if this is the case considering all the headaches those 3 versions brought everyone… :?

When you say skins directory, do you mean “var/skins_repository” or the folder “skins” ? [/COLOR]

[quote name=‘DawnG’][COLOR=“Purple”]Did you jump directly to .12, or did you go through .9, .10 & .11 ? I would be SO relieved if this is the case considering all the headaches those 3 versions brought everyone… :?

When you say skins directory, do you mean “var/skins_repository” or the folder “skins” ? [/COLOR][/QUOTE]

Dawn,

I went through .9, .10 & .11. Everything seems to be OK.

I backed up the folder “skins”. Glad I did, because the install changed some of my custom skin.

[quote name=‘seven24’]Dawn,

I went through .9, .10 & .11. Everything seems to be OK.

I backed up the folder “skins”. Glad I did, because the install changed some of my custom skin.[/QUOTE]

[COLOR=“Purple”]Thanks much Seven…I surely have my fingers crossed[/COLOR] :wink:

[quote name=‘DawnG’][COLOR=Purple]I am now using 2.0.8 & of course want to upgrade to the newest version.

What is the best way to go about it…upgrade one at a time & fix the issues, or go all the way & deal with it all at once ? From what most of you are saying, the 2.0.12 seems to be the least troublesome version in quite a while…[/COLOR][/quote]

The best way is to make a copy of your shop on your local computer using Xampp and make the upgrades local. If you are finished, upload your files and database on your live server.

[quote name=‘indy0077’]The best way is to make a copy of your shop on your local computer using Xampp and make the upgrades local. If you are finished, upload your files and database on your live server.[/QUOTE]

[COLOR=“Purple”]I would be so relieved to do it that way, but this 4 year old machine probably could not handle the personal server. It runs sllooooooowwwwwwwww now :mad: What I have been doing this far is setting up the shop in a sub-directory…and when things are up to speed, then I transfer them to the main directory. I will keep all this in mind though when I buy a new pc…thanks :)[/COLOR]