Beautiful tooltips

I think the wow factor on all of these is pretty high … but I’m really concerned whether the ajax/javascript versions will be accessible to spiders, anyone? They’re nice for the customer, but as I understand it info w/in javascript tends to be ingnored by the spiders, and it only makes sense to me to be sure any additional info you provide gets counted as page content.

I would be happy for now w/ the simple ability to add ‘title attributes’ for images … is there a simple solution for that?

[quote name=‘zoom4267’]btw, i still like the original pop up that started this LOL. id be interested in that too. i think if the customer can just scroll down the page and mouse over the product and have the description right there it would save them time. I just like the wow factor too.

i really like the drag and drop cart too. i think the pop up is better because there are check boxes and then add to cart, but its just soo cool and i do agree that if cs cart put it in it would send them way above the others.[/QUOTE]I did place a popup on my site for long descriptions, but I didn’t make it a mouseover, you need to click it. Here is the page, just click the link “More about Fixit Sculpt !”

[url]High Speed Carvers, Burs, Sculpting Clays, Fa-Brick, Eggs

[quote name=‘sculptingstudio’]I did place a popup on my site for long descriptions, but I didn’t make it a mouseover, you need to click it. Here is the page, just click the link “More about Fixit Sculpt !”

[url]High Speed Carvers, Burs, Sculpting Clays, Fa-Brick, Eggs

I’m using Firefox and it doesn’t seem to work ???

thats pretty cool

[quote name=‘taydu’]I’m using Firefox and it doesn’t seem to work ???[/QUOTE]I’m using FF also and it’s working. It might be your version. I running 1.5.0.7.

[quote name=‘arlen’]I think the wow factor on all of these is pretty high … but I’m really concerned whether the ajax/javascript versions will be accessible to spiders, anyone? They’re nice for the customer, but as I understand it info w/in javascript tends to be ingnored by the spiders, and it only makes sense to me to be sure any additional info you provide gets counted as page content.

I would be happy for now w/ the simple ability to add ‘title attributes’ for images … is there a simple solution for that?[/QUOTE]The images are what is draggable, you would still need a regular title and description using

, or other non-script tag. The current problem I see with CS-Cart is not being Search Engine Friendly. The product links don’t have title attributes. As you know, Google likes link titles. On the other hand, the images do have the Alt attribute filled in and Google will read them.

[quote name=‘sculptingstudio’]I’m using FF also and it’s working. It might be your version. I running 1.5.0.7.[/QUOTE]

It also works for me in Firefox version 1.5.0.6. It is also possible that an extension that has been installed is causing a conflict with the javascript. I have had that happen in the past.

[quote name=‘sculptingstudio’]The current problem I see with CS-Cart is not being Search Engine Friendly. The product links don’t have title attributes. As you know, Google likes link titles. [/quote]Exactly. Search Engine Friendly is absolutely critical or there’s no point in even launching a site using any cart software. I won’t switch over until I can be sure I have control over optimizing my site. Link titles are a must, and they need to be configurable by the store owner not auto-generated. Don’t mean to be negative, CS-Cart seems to me to be the right solution, but it’s got to allow control over optimizing your pages, with all the tools html allows. I love the automation and ease of management, but I want control.

(BTW, IE is the only browser that shows alt attributes as tooltips. All major browsers show title attributes as tooltips. Not fancy tooltips like above but effective ones that are counted as content on the page. Alt’s are really only intended as a replacement if the image isn’t displayed … and for accessibility i.e. screen readers).

I’m not that versed in php yet, but it seems to me if this is possible, then it shouldn’t be too hard to figure out how to insert a title attribute into an or definition. I think I can figure it out with a little effort, but it would be a lot better if it was a part of the core cart program.

I think all of these bells and whistles people are suggesting are really great and will make CS-Cart so far ahead of the pack as far as features it’s scary. But I’d sure rather have a fully optimized basic site that performs well in the SEs than a fully featured site that I can’t optimize. I think SE friendly design & optimization should be first priority. Just my opinion.

[quote name=‘arlen’]It seems to me if this is possible, then it shouldn’t be too hard to figure out how to insert a title attribute into an or definition.[/QUOTE]Yes, this mod is easy to do and the caption could be used for the title attributes for the link and image. Google would love to spider it! Has CS-Cart provided any input on SEO? The only thing I see is mod_rewrite of link in 1.3.4. Since GoogleBot will craw dynamic pages, SEO of pages is a must. Another thing lacking is the XML Google Site Map. I wrote one for my auction site and all my items are indexed daily by Google. Google Site Map should have been here from day one.

That site clearly defined my needs at this exact moment,

Unfortunately I do not have all images inserted for various products however the ‘want’ to purchase at the very site was high on my agenda.

Should CS-Cart be able to implement this with no doubt it will overtake ALL othercarts based on this tooltip!

i agree. the tolltip that started this thread would be wicked to have in cs-cart.

the drag and drop would also be a fan-f-ing tastic option.

i also like this

[url]http://flexapps.macromedia.com/flex15/flexstore/flexstore.mxml?versionChecked=true[/url]

click on the product, populate the product details window.

sweet…

AGREED

“That site clearly defined my needs at this exact moment,

Unfortunately I do not have all images inserted for various products however the ‘want’ to purchase at the very site was high on my agenda.

Should CS-Cart be able to implement this with no doubt it will overtake ALL othercarts based on this tooltip!”

im really interested in the drag and drop can anyone intergrate into cs-cart?

[quote name=‘akmarket’]im really interested in the drag and drop can anyone intergrate into cs-cart?[/QUOTE]I would stay away from using scriptaculous because of the use of prototypes. I don’t know if jquery supports drag & drop, but there should be 3rd party libraries out there. I did play around with a flex like cart using AMPHP instead. The cart could be modified for D&D.

[url]http://www.itestsoftware.com/newstore/[/url]

flex additions to cs cart would be really nice =)