"Banners: Slideshow" addon

Has anyone been able to fix the left arrow that is broken on this slideshow add-on??

[quote name=‘jhagg’]Has anyone been able to fix the left arrow that is broken on this slideshow add-on??[/QUOTE]

Edit your slideshow.tpl

Replace this line:

.imgnav {ldelim}position:absolute; width:25%; height:{$slide_height+$slide_margin}px; cursor:pointer; z-index:1{rdelim}

To this line:

.imgnav {ldelim}position:absolute; width:25%; height:{$slide_height+$slide_margin}px; cursor:pointer; z-index:2{rdelim}

[quote name=‘kickzz’]Edit your slideshow.tpl

Replace this line:

.imgnav {ldelim}position:absolute; width:25%; height:{$slide_height+$slide_margin}px; cursor:pointer; z-index:1{rdelim}

To this line:

.imgnav {ldelim}position:absolute; width:25%; height:{$slide_height+$slide_margin}px; cursor:pointer; z-index:2{rdelim}[/QUOTE]

Kickzz! That fixed it thank you!!! For anyone using this slideshow it is fixed 100%

Since you are so good, when you click on one of the arrows to advance or previous a slide, it stops the show altogether, can you think of a code to make it continue play after click?

very good addon,

but I have a problem linking banner images,

when I put banner’s URL I cannot get it work!

Does anybody know what is happening?

thanks!

[quote name=‘salomongnm’]very good addon,

but I have a problem linking banner images,

when I put banner’s URL I cannot get it work!

Does anybody know what is happening?

thanks![/QUOTE]

This is working fine for me, you need to refer to the banners you wish to add to the slideshow of course. In that specific HTML banner, enter the URL you wish it to link to in the URL field and it happens automatically.

Can somebody post for me the different working sliders?

[quote name=‘Triplex’]Can somebody post for me the different working sliders?[/QUOTE]

Triplex,

This one works really well for me now that the bugs are fixed, let me know if you need help setting it up.

[quote name=‘jgaris’]I created another variation of this add-on. This one creates an accordion effect, that works with graphic banners and html banners. So you can put any content in it. It is based on jquery plugin by Andrea Cima Serniotti which can be found here: [URL=“Vicent Ferrer - 🚀 Consultor Amazon y Ecommerce”]Vicent Ferrer - 🚀 Consultor Amazon y Ecommerce

You can see a demo of it on our dev site here:

http://dev212.contactlens.com

Installation is the same as above.

[ATTACH]2244[/ATTACH][/QUOTE]

I doesnt see the accordion, where i can choose it. I use computer skin, i have upload all to my used folders, but when i like to create a Block >> Banner >> but doesnt see accordion… :frowning:

[quote name=‘jhagg’]Triplex,

This one works really well for me now that the bugs are fixed, let me know if you need help setting it up.[/QUOTE]

Yes, please. Which one working very well???

[quote name=‘Triplex’]Yes, please. Which one working very well???[/QUOTE]

Goto page 1 of this very thread, first post, this is the JS banners add-on, download the add-on and I can help you set it up but its very easy.

Read this entire thread because there was a bug fix for the banner.

I read through whole thread to see if any one had the same problem.

I testing on 2.1.4 and the banner will also show up in right column, see attachment image.

Anyone know how i can fix this??

[quote name=‘jgaris’]I created another variation of this add-on. This one creates an accordion effect, that works with graphic banners and html banners. So you can put any content in it. It is based on jquery plugin by Andrea Cima Serniotti which can be found here: [URL=“Vicent Ferrer - 🚀 Consultor Amazon y Ecommerce”]Vicent Ferrer - 🚀 Consultor Amazon y Ecommerce

You can see a demo of it on our dev site here:

http://dev212.contactlens.com

Installation is the same as above.

[ATTACH]2244[/ATTACH][/QUOTE]

Any more feedback on the accordion version. I have gotten all of these to work with v2.1.4 except the accordion. Is there anyone else who has? Or perhaps jgaris can provide some more information about this one.

Hi,

I am using 2.1.4 and I followed all the instructions.

The slideshow just doesnt show up for me.

Can you assist?

[quote name='JGift' timestamp='1309397809' post='115999']

Hi,

Can you assist?

[/quote]

Just asking the obvious things? You assigned banners to the block? You have the block turned on, you activated the block on the correct block section i.e ALL PAGES etc?

Does the addon show up in your add-ons section of admin?

[quote name=‘JGift’ timestamp=‘1309397809’ post=‘115999’]

Hi,

Can you assist?

[/quote]

Seems quite alot of people having difficulty getting up and running. I to had trouble - but was initially my own stupiditiy!

[list]

[]DO NOT download from http://www.leigeber.com (like me :blink: )

[
]DOWNLOAD the Attached File banners_slideshow.zip (12.04K) from this threads first post.

[]Now the installation instruction is fairly generic - saying just “extract to root directory”. This does not mean drop the folder banners_slideshow from the banners_slideshow.zip into your root directory.

[
]Open /addons/banners/schemas/block_manager/structure.post.php and replace

'addons/banners/blocks/original.tpl'
```<br />
with<br />
```php
'addons/banners/blocks/original.tpl' => array (),<br />
'addons/banners_slideshow/blocks/slideshow.tpl' => array ()
```<br />
[*]You need to open/look in the extracted 'banners_slideshow' folder and you will see 'addons' and 'var' folders (along with orig. basic installation.txt). These have the files you need to upload and are named after the root folders on your site.<br />
[*]Using ftp software (I use Filezilla), first take the 'banners_slideshow' folder from inside 'addons' and upload that to your sites root 'addons' folder.  [i]/addons/banners_slideshow[/i]<br />
[*]Now before upload of var content, [b]apply this threads various 'fixes' by replacing[/b] var\skins_repository\base\customer\addons\banners_slideshow\blocks\slideshow.tpl with [b]my attachment's slideshow.tpl [i](in zip)[/i][/b]<br />
[*]Next, open var\skins_repository\base\customer\addons\banners_slideshow\js\tinyslideshow.js<br />
[/list]<br />
[u]Find[/u]<br />
```php
this.i.style.borderLeft=l+'px solid '+this.letterbox;<br />
this.i.style.borderRight=(w-l)+'px solid '+this.letterbox
```<br />
and [u]add[/u] "//" infront of each line:<br />
```php
// this.i.style.borderLeft=l+'px solid '+this.letterbox;<br />
// this.i.style.borderRight=(w-l)+'px solid '+this.letterbox
```<br />
<br />
<br />
[list=1]<br />
<br />
[*]after the above edits. you upload. I just uploaded the banners_slideshow folder from var\skins_repository\base\customer\addons\ and placed that in corresponding site root folder.<br />
[*]Next clear your site cache<br />
[*]Through admin, head to 'Administration > Add-ons' and click "Install" for 'Banners: Slideshow'<br />
[*]Next, go to Design > Blocks and 'Add Block' where you require. Select 'Banners' for [i]Block content[/i], and [i]Appearance type[/i] to 'Slideshow'<br />
[*]Next go to Content > Banners and add/upload/create your banners. Use Title to title, Alt text for descriptive sentence. URL for destination link of banner.<br />
[*]Then it's back to Design > Blocks and 'add' desired banners to your just created "Slideshow block" (step4.)<br />
[/list]<br />
<br />
After all this I have the Slideshow working. However I still have no operation with the lefthand arrow. Also only have a wipe transition - any true sliding slideshow fixes?<br />
<br />
Hope above helps some.<p><a href="127.0.0.1/uploads/monthly_07_2011/post-12931-0-52623000-1310705076.ipb">slideshow.zip</a></p>

[quote name='Aussiblood' timestamp='1310705081' post='117351']

…However I still have no operation with the lefthand arrow.

[/quote]

Let us know if this works for you. I Changed it before installation in the original package, but after installation I think you could change it here.

Go to basic/customer/addons/banners_slideshow/blocks/slideshow.tpl

in line 38, change the [color=“#FF0000”]z-index to 1[/color]:

[quote name='colortone' timestamp='1310707033' post='117354']

Let us know if this works for you. I Changed it before installation in the original package, but after installation I think you could change it here.

Go to basic/customer/addons/banners_slideshow/blocks/slideshow.tpl

in line 38, change the [color=“#FF0000”]z-index to 1[/color]:

[/quote]

I have made the change according to thread 'fix' " change z-index from 1 to 2. But, even leaving as 1 => I can see the arrow - but it does not rollover and is not clickable like the righthand one…

[quote name='Aussiblood' timestamp='1310709837' post='117357']

I have made the change according to thread 'fix' " change z-index from 1 to 2. But, even leaving as 1 => I can see the arrow - but it does not rollover and is not clickable like the righthand one…

[/quote]

Sorry for wrong advice. I Downloaded the original and compared file to file, it should be the one in line #41, change from z-index:0 to z-index:1,

#imglink {ldelim}position:absolute; height:{$slide_height+$slide_margin}px; width:100%; z-index:0; opacity:.4; filter:alpha(opacity=40){rdelim}

I got the left hand arrow working from the advice in this thread, the answer is in the thread here.

you can see it working here:

Banners Slideshow

Is it working OK on 2.2.1,

John