"Banners: Slideshow" addon

This addon allows you to create a Banners block with a new “slideshow” appearance. The slideshow functionality was taken from this site: [url]Michael Leigeber | Strategist, Engineer, and Marketer . Because CS-Cart doesn’t generate thumbnails from Banner graphics, I’ve removed the thumbnail slider functionality.

Installation

Step 1. Download and extract the files to your site root.

Step 2. Open /addons/banners/schemas/block_manager/structure.post.php and replace

```php ‘addons/banners/blocks/original.tpl’ ```

with

```php ‘addons/banners/blocks/original.tpl’ => array (),

‘addons/banners_slideshow/blocks/slideshow.tpl’ => array () ```

Step 3. Clear your site cache (necessary to make the new Appearance show)

Done. Now “Slideshow” is an option when creating a “Banners” block.

Notes:

-The slideshow scales to the largest banner graphic you’ve selected.

-Slide order is determined by order in which the banners are created.

-The slide text box title is the Banner Name.

-The slide text box text is the Banner Alternative text.

-The slide link is the Banner URL.

Caveats:

-You can only create 1 slideshow per page. Multiple slideshows conflict and break.

-Slide links currently do not suport “Open in a new window”

-Slide duration is determined by the settings found in /skins/yourskin/customer/addons/banners_slideshow/blocks/slideshow.tpl

-I have only tested this in CS-Cart 2.1.1, but it should work in 2.*

That’s it!

Glen

banners_slideshow.zip

tinyslideshow.jpg

This is a great add-on. Thank you for providing it. I tried it on our site and noticed that it works well in most browsers except it looks messed up in Chrome and Safari.

This is a problem from the original slideshow script, not your CS-Cart mod.

I was able to fix the error and thought I would pass it along to others. The problem was that it was creating a huge left and right black border. I found the line that created it and commented it out.

Edit tinyslideshow.js line 103 and 104, change this

this.i.style.borderLeft=l+'px solid '+this.letterbox;
this.i.style.borderRight=(w-l)+'px solid '+this.letterbox

to this

//this.i.style.borderLeft=l+'px solid '+this.letterbox;
//this.i.style.borderRight=(w-l)+'px solid '+this.letterbox

You can see it here: http://dev21.contactlens.com

jgaris,

Nice looking site! Your slideshow displays correctly for me in: WinXP + Chrome, MacOSX + Safari. Only bug I see: the left arrow is non-functioning. That is probably due to an incorrect z-index. I had to set the slideshow’s z-indexs very low so that they wouldn’t conflict with CS-Cart’s menus.

Glen

[quote name=‘jgaris’]This is a great add-on. Thank you for providing it. I tried it on our site and noticed that it works well in most browsers except it looks messed up in Chrome and Safari.

I was able to fix the error and thought I would pass it along to others. The problem was that it was creating a huge left and right black border. I found the line that created it and commented it out.

to this

You can see it here: http://dev21.contactlens.com[/QUOTE]

FYI on your site, in IE7 you can’t see the search bar on the top as it gets cut off.

Cant seem to get it to work. I also needed to put the files in my skins/MYSKIN/customer/addons as they didnt seem to appear when I uploaded. They went into the var base ok.

I get the slideshow option in block and can select the banners but then they are just banners one on top of the other instead of the slideshow. Anyone have better luck or can explain the install better to me?

I do like it!

Scott

[quote name=‘jgaris’]This is a great add-on. Thank you for providing it. I tried it on our site and noticed that it works well in most browsers except it looks messed up in Chrome and Safari.

to this

You can see it here: http://dev21.contactlens.com[/QUOTE]

Under my Chrome browser, the minicart on the top left will not popup when clicked.

You forgot to mention to that you need to activate this plugin in Administration > Addons > Banners: Slideshow.

You control the text by the first line of text by the “Name” field and the second line by the “Alternative text” fields in the Banner Manager.

I got this to work just fine, thanks!!

[quote name=‘srm110’]Cant seem to get it to work. I also needed to put the files in my skins/MYSKIN/customer/addons as they didnt seem to appear when I uploaded. They went into the var base ok.

I get the slideshow option in block and can select the banners but then they are just banners one on top of the other instead of the slideshow. Anyone have better luck or can explain the install better to me?

I do like it!

Scott[/QUOTE]

You do not need to put the files in your specific skin folder, you just need to activate the addon in the Adminstration > Addons screen.

It works well, thanks for posting it!

there are a bug with the link on slideshow banner on ie7, it seems not okay please test it with ietester if you don’t have ie7

to resolve the bug for link break off in ie 7:

add this

[QUOTE]

#imglink_fix {ldelim}width:100%; height:100%; background:url({$config.skin_path}/addons/banners_slideshow/images/fix.gif){rdelim}

[/QUOTE]

put [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

instead of

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

And add

[QUOTE]

#imglink {ldelim}filter:alpha(opacity=0){rdelim}

[/QUOTE]

Can’t believe that I can’t make it work - can it be because we are running 2.0.12?

[quote name=‘Ola’]Can’t believe that I can’t make it work - can it be because we are running 2.0.12?[/QUOTE]

I haven’t tested this in 2.0.12. Can you provide some symptoms?

Hi guys

Based on this code, I integrated Easy Slider ([url]http://cssglobe.com/post/5780/easy-slider-17-numeric-navigation-jquery-slider[/url]) to have a Front page slider.

Now again it uses the banners in Cs-cart (which is very good so that you can track the clicks) but this one slides continuously and with auto numbered nav buttons (css styled). The next-prev buttons do not work at the moment (I dont use them at all)

Tested on CS-cart v2.1.2

Please post here if you find any bugs

banner_slider.jpg

Banners_Slideshow-Alternate Slider.zip

scuse my utter ignorance but is there supposed to be a popup upon rollover of the image? I can’t seem to get that bit to work.

Sorry

Hi,

thanks for your effort banners: slideshow addon

i was installed and enabled admin panel but slideshow not working

Best Regards

I created another variation of this add-on. This one creates an accordion effect, that works with graphic banners and html banners. So you can put any content in it. It is based on jquery plugin by Andrea Cima Serniotti which can be found here: [URL=“Vicent Ferrer - 🚀 Consultor Amazon y Ecommerce”]Vicent Ferrer - 🚀 Consultor Amazon y Ecommerce

You can see a demo of it on our dev site here:

http://dev212.contactlens.com

Installation is the same as above.

[ATTACH]2244[/ATTACH]

Banners_Accordion.zip

I’m trying on localhost preudomme version on cscart 2.0.2 and it’s working well but I’m wondering if it’s possible to have multiple language.

My cart have 3 languages so I want to show different language differen banner it’s that possible?

Looking forward for a replay

[quote name=‘sixnin9’]This addon allows you to create a Banners block with a new “slideshow” appearance. The slideshow functionality was taken from this site: [url]Michael Leigeber | Strategist, Engineer, and Marketer . Because CS-Cart doesn’t generate thumbnails from Banner graphics, I’ve removed the thumbnail slider functionality.

Installation

Step 1. Download and extract the files to your site root.

Step 2. Open /addons/banners/schemas/block_manager/structure.post.php and replace

```php ‘addons/banners/blocks/original.tpl’ ```

with

```php ‘addons/banners/blocks/original.tpl’ => array (),

‘addons/banners_slideshow/blocks/slideshow.tpl’ => array () ```

Step 3. Clear your site cache (necessary to make the new Appearance show)

Done. Now “Slideshow” is an option when creating a “Banners” block.

Notes:

-The slideshow scales to the largest banner graphic you’ve selected.

-Slide order is determined by order in which the banners are created.

-The slide text box title is the Banner Name.

-The slide text box text is the Banner Alternative text.

-The slide link is the Banner URL.

Caveats:

-You can only create 1 slideshow per page. Multiple slideshows conflict and break.

-Slide links currently do not suport “Open in a new window”

-Slide duration is determined by the settings found in /skins/yourskin/customer/addons/banners_slideshow/blocks/slideshow.tpl

-I have only tested this in CS-Cart 2.1.1, but it should work in 2.*

That’s it!

Glen[/QUOTE]

This is a great add-on thanks but the left arow don’t work in mozila and chrome

I’ve tried both sixnin9 and preudomme’s solutions, but in both cases I got a Smarty error:

Fatal error: Call to undefined function smarty_modifier_fn_url() in /Applications/XAMPP/xamppfiles/htdocs/safhusa/var/compiled/customer/%%75^752^75235217%%slideshow.tpl.php on line 66

(this the error for the alternative version, but is pretty much the same error of the sixnin9’s original version, except that it was on line 80)

I’m using 2.0.15

Anyone would help me?

Thank you