Banners just disappeared

We have a banner carousel using the built in block for banners on our homepage. We load up the homepage today and it is missing. I’ve checked in the admin and confirm the block is in the correct grid on the homepage. When I view the source, we can see the code for the banners, but it isn’t showing at all. Any ideas?

Is the banner active, ie. Status: Active, not Hidden nor Disabled.

In the source code, you should see a call to the Javascript, similar to src=“addons/banners/js/slider.js” - can you click the link to this js and see the Javascript? Your problem sounds like this is likely the case…or…

Is your web browser running an ad-blocker service? Try disabling it if so, as what you describe is exactly what adblock software does.

Have you tried clearing the site cache (yourstore.com/youradmin.php?cc) - try clear it manually too (delete the contents of /var/cache/ and /var/compiled/ via FTP).

If all else fails, create a support ticket.

[quote name='StellarBytes' timestamp='1377207962' post='167230']

Is the banner active, ie. Status: Active, not Hidden nor Disabled.

[color=#ff0000]Yes banners are active.[/color]

In the source code, you should see a call to the Javascript, similar to src=“addons/banners/js/slider.js” - can you click the link to this js and see the Javascript? Your problem sounds like this is likely the case…or…

[color=#ff0000]Yes, I find the link to the slider.js and can click on it. It displays eval(function and a bunch of text/code.[/color]

Is your web browser running an ad-blocker service? Try disabling it if so, as what you describe is exactly what adblock software does.

[color=#ff0000]No add blocking. Have tried several browers/computers.[/color]

Have you tried clearing the site cache (yourstore.com/youradmin.php?cc) - try clear it manually too (delete the contents of /var/cache/ and /var/compiled/ via FTP).

[color=#ff0000]Tried that, but to no avail.[/color]

If all else fails, create a support ticket.

[color=#ff0000]Done.[/color]

[/quote]

Thanks for your input and help.

After a little testing and communication with support, it seems this is happening after we added a new category. If we disable the category, the banners will show again. Waiting on CS support for a fix.

I have that problem… I have to disable any subcategory for banner carousel works… any solution for this?

You can open up a support ticket and wait a week for CS-cart to fix it. They shouldn't charge you any support credits since it is a bug. I've copy and pasted what they told me they changed to fix the problem -

[color=#555555]I replaced this line of the code:[/color]

• [color=#555555]with this part of the code:[/color]
    {assign var="subitems_count" value=$item1.$childs|count}
    {assign var="cols" value=0}
    {if $subitems_count}
    {math assign="divider" equation="ceil(x / 6)" x=$subitems_count}
    {math assign="cols" equation="ceil(x / y)" x=$subitems_count y=$divider}
    {/if}

• [color=#555555]and removed this part of the code:[/color]
    {assign var="subitems_count" value=$item1.$childs|count}
    {math assign="divider" equation="ceil(x / 6)" x=$subitems_count}
    {math assign="cols" equation="ceil(x / y)" x=$subitems_count y=$divider}

[color=#555555]in the [/color][b]skins/basic/customer/blocks/topmenu_dropdown.tpl[/b][color=#555555] file of your CS-Cart installation.[/color]