Ban Stick is Active

Dear Forum Participants.

We currently have a negative forum sub-culture of lashing out against users. It has got to the point where it is NO LONGER RELATIVE to the forum nor it’s original discussions. Not only are members ridiculed but entire threads have been taken up by this stupidity.

Effective immediately is a 48 hours ban against said users and I hope they review their actions.

Continuation of either abusive Private Messages (PM) and or repetition of similar behaviour will result in addition bans for longer periods.

Regards,

Jesse-Lee Stringer

Thank you.

Its tough enough searching for valuable information they way it is, then add to it the idiotic flaming and irrelevant information to the results, and it becomes a waste of time looking for help on things.

Before you post something, ask yourself…> “If I was someone looking for an answer to a question in the forums regarding CS-Cart, will that which I’m about to post help that person out?” If the answer is no, then cancel and move on.

It’s too easy to hide behind that computer screen and type up stupid replies and personal attacks on other people, lacking any idea what that person is really like.

Debates are acceptable… If you feel that an answer is not what you believe, then challenge it in a PROFESSIONAL manner… say… Well I kind of disagree with you on this point because… ." or “In addition to what you say, you might want to try this…”

Thanks Jesse, maybe the forum will be a place to get answers from now on.

I’m all for a bit of fun and lively banter etc, including the odd “taking the ****” out of each other, but that’s as far as it should go imho.

Way to go Jesse

:cool:

I probably should post this as anonymous so I don’t risk being banned. :?

[quote name=‘JesseLeeStringer’]…but entire threads have been taken up by this stupidity.

[/QUOTE]

I agree some post have gone too far. Likewise, I would agree that some people are too sensitive to replies or post. Where you have people, you have opinions. Some will think things are fine to say and others will not think certain things are fine. The forum needs to be open enough to allow people to share opinions and yes they need to try to be wise in what they say. Likewise those who “police” the forums need to allow a little liberty and understand that different people express things in different ways. For example, the passion on all of the ‘security’ stuff was great! It made me look at a lot more stuff I was or was not doing. The passion in that post actually added a little bit of real life that allowed me to read through it without being bored to tears!

In regards to your comments, maybe you should look at how you state this again and not say a post or someone is “stupid”. Isn’t this what you are trying to avoid? I really find nothing wrong with your post, but some folks may be offended by your implications that their post/comments are “stupidity”.

Hopefully I don’t get banned for questioning authority. :wink: I do not mean to anger but only question the method you are using to approach this issue. Many would say you are using name calling to try to stop name calling.

I would agree that if someone abuses the PM that it would be bad.

I guess I may have also missed whatever this “abuse” might have been and have no idea what I am talking about. If this is the case, then your initial post should probably be more specific. If this reply is not relevant then I’m sure you can zap this reply. :slight_smile:

Jim,

The thing is, is that the person who has the 48 hour ban has been warned numerous times before. I can’t imagine this being a huge surprise to the person who is banned.

I agree with you about opinion. The differences between everyone’s opinion is what keeps a community alive. Of course, along with that, I do feel that my opinion is the only one that should matter, but oh well.

I hope that the person comes back and is able to tame it down a few notches. I don’t think anyone on here really wants to truly ban anyone. Everyone here has something to contribute, which is why we are all here.

It’s just some people (not just the banned person) need to learn how to contribute in a more constructive manner and not just bash people. Hopefully everyone that reads that last sentence can take something from it.

Brandon

[quote name=‘Brandonvd’]It’s just some people (not just the banned person) need to learn how to contribute in a more constructive manner and not just bash people. Hopefully everyone that reads that last sentence can take something from it.[/QUOTE]

Amen! Preach it brother brandonvd! LMAO :wink:

Seriously though, I can see and understand a few comical stabs in jest as you might expect from a certain “bug eyed” member (example) but outright attacking a member without even bothering to do their homework either ---- yeah, that’s over the top!

[QUOTE]… and not just bash people.[/QUOTE]

Yeah! What about Korn people? Bourne people? Csh people maybe? :wink:

(A bit of Linux humor for those who don’t follow that)

[quote name=‘Spiral’]

Yeah! What about Korn people? Bourne people? Csh people maybe? :wink:

(A bit of Linux humor for those who don’t follow that)

.[/QUOTE]

Linux, I thought you were talking about Korn. I’m listening to them right now.

Brandon

Apparently some people on this forum cannot read.

Spiral has been banned for 48 hrs, for his lovely use of “bug eyed” racial slur against another member.

I’m DONE with this nonsense and bull****.

I dont care who you are on this forum or who you think you are. This wont continue as long as I’m around.

Thread CLOSED.