Baltic Amber Jewelry Shop

I like this thread to be closed

Design updates.

Hi Darius

Your initial product image is to big, as a result it pushes your site over to the right off the page.

Looking good!!! Nice lay-out and colors. I love the sliding image in the center of the homepage! Could you tell us how you did that?

I love the products. But then again I always have had a special emotion with amber (barnsteen in dutch).

Regards,

Martin

[quote name=‘zardos’]Hi Darius

Your initial product image is to big, as a result it pushes your site over to the right off the page.[/QUOTE]

Your resolution is 1024, I built it for 1100 minimum. Made few changes, if someone can check site please let me know if it makes any difference.

Thank you

[quote name=‘Martin’]Looking good!!! Nice lay-out and colors. I love the sliding image in the center of the homepage! Could you tell us how you did that?

I love the products. But then again I always have had a special emotion with amber (barnsteen in dutch).

Regards,

Martin[/QUOTE]

It is called glider java script

[url]http://code.google.com/p/missingmethod-projects/wiki/Glider[/url]

[url]http://www.missingmethod.com/projects/glider.html[/url]

I am not coder myself so I “borrowed” it from other site :slight_smile: just changed pictures

Thats it , looks fine now, great job.

Nice Job Darius

:wink:

The only thing that discouraged me was the loading time for the

Hey.lt - Interneto reitingai, lankomumo statistika, lankytojø skaitliukai

link…took about 20 seconds to load for me.

[quote name=‘MikeFold’]Nice Job Darius

:wink:

The only thing that discouraged me was the loading time for the

Hey.lt - Interneto reitingai, lankomumo statistika, lankytojø skaitliukai

link…took about 20 seconds to load for me.[/QUOTE]

That is my hosts free counter hosted in Lithuania. I was offered to choose hosting plan for better access from USA or Lithuania, I chose USA, I suppose if I used other option none of you would ever load the page :smiley:

Hello Mike,

Although I am not entirely sure as to which pages you are reffering I have no issues with the speed of the site. All (well the ones I have visited) pages load like mad:D .

@Darius

I have one more question for you. Which script is it that you use for the “View larger image” option and how did you implement it (I can’t believe you implemented it for each page in the source and one product at a time:-))?

Regards,

Martin

[quote name=‘Martin’]Hello Mike,

Although I am not entirely sure as to which pages you are reffering I have no issues with the speed of the site. All (well the ones I have visited) pages load like mad:D .

@Darius

I have one more question for you. Which script is it that you use for the “View larger image” option and how did you implement it (I can’t believe you implemented it for each page in the source and one product at a time:-))?

Regards,

Martin[/QUOTE]

Big thanks to zardos for this script. Here it is :

[url]http://forum.cs-cart.com/showthread.php?t=6626[/url]

There is one even better picture zoom script but I don’t know how to set it up.

[url]http://vikjavev.no/highslide/[/url]

Looking pretty good, Darius. However, I think it would look even better is you replaced the blue text throughout with a color that btter relates to your amber products.

Bob

[quote name=‘jobosales’]Looking pretty good, Darius. However, I think it would look even better is you replaced the blue text throughout with a color that btter relates to your amber products.

Bob[/QUOTE]

Thanks for note, changed blue to green. Hope its not too green now… :slight_smile:

[quote name=‘Darius’]Thanks for note, changed blue to green. Hope its not too green now… :)[/QUOTE]

I think the green looks better than the blue but, if it were me, I would play around with some of those lusher brown tones - they look very rich and play nicely off the green (at least, I think so).

You also need to make the link colors consistent in the information area.

Bob