Backup locally?

So do you backup locally? My old cart information was stored on my local computer and then uploaded when changes/products added etc. So I always had a backup local incase the server “went missing”.

CS is SO much different that I’m not sure how to do this. I used store manager in the past but noticed it said that it was for 1.3.5 so I’m not sure where to start. Plus I have also heard there are other things that need to be backed up.

Is there a guide on what needs to be done to be safe if the unthinkable happens?

I guess I should note that I do know you can do a database backup and then download the file to your computer but is that all that needs to be done?

[quote name=‘IsItFast’]I guess I should note that I do know you can do a database backup and then download the file to your computer but is that all that needs to be done?[/QUOTE]

Well, I like to download & save copies to my local PC via FTP of our entire CS-Cart folder.

Then, as you mentioned, you can backup & save your DB into your /VAR/Database/backup folder.

What I like to do is immediately download this as well via FTP to my local PC, then delete it from the /var… folder for security reasons.

Thanks Struck.

4000+ products/images can take a while to download but I may start doing this every so often just in case…

No problem Fast!

It will be your images folder which will take the most time, the DB shouldn’t take long at all. So, unless your images are changing daily, you may be able to skip over this folder on occasion.

But yeah, an evening is a good time to start the download & check it out in the am. :wink:

Another way to look at this, unless you have custom coding in your CS-Cart install, then there are really only THREE things that you simply cannot afford to ever loose, #1 Your store DB, #2 Your Skin Files, #3 Your Product Images. Thus everything else could be re-uploaded from the original CS-Cart download easily if ever needed. If this is your situation, then just download your DB, Customized Skin folder, & Images to your local PC perhaps once per week & your covered.