Backorders / Preorders feature in 2.0 ?

I personally loose a lot of sales due to lack of backorder feature.

I wish that my clients could see note for ex. “BACKORDERED” or “Ship within 7-10 days” but they can purchase the product.

Is there any plan to implement this feature in v.2.0 ?

Is there anyone from CS Team to answer simple question like that?

Backorder funcionality is one of the most crucial for online commerce. Just today I had 2 clients who wanted to buy product, that will be available in few days (is coming in shipment from manufacturer). They couldn’t so I’m not sure if they come back again.

Is there any solution in CS-Cart to help with backorders / preorders?

There is no backorder/preorder system in place. However, you can allow customers to purchase out-of-stock items by setting the following in General Settings:

Allow negative amount in inventory is checked

Show out of stock products is checked

The above is available in version 2.0 as well as 1.3.x branches.

I would also like to see a formal backorder system for CS-Cart but at least this allows the order to be placed.

Bob

I know about negative inventory orders but this is nothing even close to backorder / preorder.

It actually creates more mess and make clients angry. Imagine situation that client place order assuming that it will be shipped immidiately, pays for next day shipping and finds out that item actually will be available in 7 days.

I’m very suprised that backorder / preorder functionality is not present in version 2.0 (at least I do not see it). CS Cart is a really solid product and feature like that will definitely attract more clients.

[quote name=‘MisUszatek’]I know about negative inventory orders but this is nothing even close to backorder / preorder.

It actually creates more mess and make clients angry. Imagine situation that client place order assuming that it will be shipped immidiately, pays for next day shipping and finds out that item actually will be available in 7 days.

I’m very suprised that backorder / preorder functionality is not present in version 2.0 (at least I do not see it). CS Cart is a really solid product and feature like that will definitely attract more clients.[/QUOTE]

I also feel that it is harder to use than before… User experience, User experience!!! Some basic features are still missing!!! Next/Prev products. Other item(s) in list…

Right now for sp4, what I’ve been doing is adding “backorder” under “features” or if I have options, then under the options field. It’s not great, but it works for now… It makes it weird for advanced search and feature comparison, but oh well… At least people are pre-ordering…

[quote name=‘MisUszatek’]I know about negative inventory orders but this is nothing even close to backorder / preorder.

I’m very suprised that backorder / preorder functionality is not present in version 2.0 (at least I do not see it). CS Cart is a really solid product and feature like that will definitely attract more clients.[/QUOTE]

RC is released but no sign of backorder / preorder feature. At least I didn’t see any.

Is there any plan to create this feature for final release or should I look for other solution? It is crucial to give shoppers ability to preorder or backorder. This way owner can increase their sales even if products are out of stock. I don’t understand how something so obvious didn’t make its way to cs-cart yet.

Either way … I like cs-cart other features, and it is solid product but I would like to know what is the plan for backorder funcyionality.

thank you

[quote name=‘MisUszatek’]RC is released but no sign of backorder / preorder feature. At least I didn’t see any.

Is there any plan to create this feature for final release or should I look for other solution? It is crucial to give shoppers ability to preorder or backorder. This way owner can increase their sales even if products are out of stock. I don’t understand how something so obvious didn’t make its way to cs-cart yet.[/QUOTE]

It is extremely unlikely that backorder support is making it into the initial 2.0 release. Backorders touch a fair amount of the cart processing -you need to allow for partial shipments (packing/pick list) and invoicing (shipment entry), for example. We are almost at release and it would need to be thoroughly tested before allowing it into a supposedly stable release.

Hopefully, backorder/pre-order support will make its way into the first upgrade (not bugfix) release to v2. I know that I have been requesting this for the past 2 years.

Bob

So what is this for then???

[COLOR=“Red”]“Buy in Advance” tick box in products page[/COLOR]:confused:

Barry

2nd that…

what is that function?

the buy in advance feature enables a customer to purchase a product before it’s release date to the public, this way when a hot ticket item is released you’ll already be in line to receive the product…

[quote name=‘snorocket’]the buy in advance feature enables a customer to purchase a product before it’s release date to the public, this way when a hot ticket item is released you’ll already be in line to receive the product…[/quote]

Does the customer pay for “buy in advance” products during checkout? Or, do they pay when the product becomes available?

[quote name=‘grayloon’]Does the customer pay for “buy in advance” products during checkout? Or, do they pay when the product becomes available?[/QUOTE]

The “buy in advance” option displays an “add to cart” button on the product; the product will be paid at checkout.

Bob

is this backorder feature available yet? It is very important for customers to be able to purchase and know that it will ship in a few days after purchase…

This is How I use Buy In Advance.

I set the Available Since Date to a future date. A date that I am pretty sure I will get the merchandise in. Check “Buy in Advance”

I change the wording to say that this item will ship on or before:[avail_date]

I make the quantity what I am expected to get. I only do this for items I know I will get in a few days.

The customer then knows that it will not be shipped right away and has a date when it is expected to be shipped. If delayed, I contact the customer to let them know. This happens rarely. This seems to work well for me.

I also have a hidden category called “Buy in Advance” and put these products in this category as a secondary category. Then I can keep track on which products are buy in advance.

Bob