Back In Stock Notification

The new Back In Stock feature is a great new function to have and really helps recover sales that would have been lost when we are out of stock on items. I figured out how to enable it for products but I can’t seem to find any sort of report or listing that shows me who and what has been signed up for. Is there somewhere I can view all the signups?

Cheers

I believe you can see it while editing the product. There should be a tab called “Subscribers” … I think that's where it will show who has subscribed to notifications for the item… Haven't tested it myself though

[quote name='racingsolution' timestamp='1310228256' post='116711']

I believe you can see it while editing the product. There should be a tab called “Subscribers” … I think that's where it will show who has subscribed to notifications for the item… Haven't tested it myself though

[/quote]

Thanks for the lead. Yes, you can see the email addresses of who has signed up by clicking on the Subscriber tab when editing the product.

That lead me to look at the Product Subscriptions link under the main Products menu. Here is where I was able to view all the products with a little box that keeps count of the number of subscribers for each product. If you click on the Subscribers heading you get a reverse sort that groups all the items with subscribers near the top of the list. Not as elegant as our existing software but just like a pair of new shoes, it should become comfortable with time.

Hello

How can i change it for all my products with one click instead of clicking each product ?

[quote name='rinx' timestamp='1310271659' post='116752']

Hello

How can i change it for all my products with one click instead of clicking each product ?

[/quote]

There's a couple of ways to update more than one product at a time. The first would have you select all the products on display, like in a category listing then chose the Edit Selected option from the Select Action button at the bottom of the page. You then get a display of all the product variables you can bulk edit. Unselect them all then select the “Out of stock actions” option. This will let you change the that option for all of the products you had selected in the list.

I started doing that but with over 2000 products in 100+ categories, I thought there had to be a better way. And there is.

Using the Export Data function, go to Products and export a couple of fields (Product code is mandatory). Choose an export format that you can edit (for example, CSV or TAB if you have Excel). When the file downloads and gets loaded into your editor, all you have to do is add the field name “Out of stock actions” to one of the columns (watch the capitalization) and add the letter “S” as the data in the field for all the products. Save the file to your local drive in the same format.

Now go to the Import Data function, go to Products and set the fields to import to the ones in your file, including the Out of stock actions field. Upload the file and bingo, all your products have been upgraded to have the notification option turned on.

Doing it this way I had all my products updated within 5 minutes.

no way… use SQL

update products set out_of_stock_actions='S' where 1

will update all products

i can do that for you for 5$