Aweber mailing list integration

Has anyone integrated cs-cart registration form with aweber?

I would like to be able to have a registered user list without them having to type everything (ok, some things) twice.

aWeber only allows forms to be submitted with their form handler script. However I was thinking about using their email parser rules which can be setup to read text in an email, and generate the initial sign up request from there.

Has anyone used the email parser with cs-cart to do this? Seems relatively straight forward, but some coding would be involved, and I’m looking for a shortcut if someone’s already done this, and could share.

Thanks in advance!

-Tim

PS. Seems like this would be a good extension for cs-cart to add to the next version. I can’t imagine just using the built-in “news” functions for any sort of major emailing–so some form of integration for aweber, getresponse, etc would be a big selling point.

[quote name='crayhonresearch' timestamp='1202338635' post='28094']

Has anyone integrated cs-cart registration form with aweber?

I would like to be able to have a registered user list without them having to type everything (ok, some things) twice.

aWeber only allows forms to be submitted with their form handler script. However I was thinking about using their email parser rules which can be setup to read text in an email, and generate the initial sign up request from there.

Has anyone used the email parser with cs-cart to do this? Seems relatively straight forward, but some coding would be involved, and I'm looking for a shortcut if someone's already done this, and could share.

Thanks in advance!

-Tim

PS. Seems like this would be a good extension for cs-cart to add to the next version. I can't imagine just using the built-in “news” functions for any sort of major emailing–so some form of integration for aweber, getresponse, etc would be a big selling point.

[/quote]

I am surprised that after 3 years, this functionality has not been implemented. I am looking for the same exact functionality.

[quote name='Avarice' timestamp='1321251912' post='125922']

I am surprised that after 3 years, this functionality has not been implemented. I am looking for the same exact functionality.

[/quote]

Nobody wants it, otherwise the thread would have more than just one reply.

Post your request here: http://cscart.uservoice.com/

We use aweber and have thought about getting it implemented with CS-Cart. We kept holding out hope but there just does not seem to be alot of other people using aweber.

If nobody is using Aweber, then how can we e-mail our customers that signup to our CS-Cart websites if we wanted to send them coupons? Is there a way to do this now?

I just turned off the default email program from CS and then I put the sign up from Aweber on the site. The down side is it does not ask if they want to be added to the list when they check out.

[quote]

If nobody is using Aweber, then how can we e-mail our customers that signup to our CS-Cart websites if we wanted to send them coupons? Is there a way to do this now?

[/quote]

Aweber is simply one of 10,000 email vendors out there. There are ways within the cart to email your customers (but it's not very refined). There are also 3rd party tools for integrating with sites like mailchimp which can send your current users and customers to specific “lists” and send your transaction info (what they bought) so you can filter your lists at mailchimp.com using their tools.

Note that most email vendors do not handle what are referred to as “transactional emails”. I.e. mailchimp doesn't handle things like new user welcome messages (as they happen) nor can it deal with other non-order transaction activity on your cart.

We offer 2 solutions for more commercial style email. The first is the mailchimp integration described above. The documentation is at http://www.ez-ms.com/docs/mailchimp.pdf

The 2nd is a transactional email application called Auto Mailer. The docs for this one are at: http://www.ez-ms.com/docs/auto_mail.pdf

At a minimum, the docs will describe the differences for you.