Automatic selected alternative currency ?

Hello :slight_smile:

Please how to automatic selected alternative currency ? Default alternative currency for all users to EUR…

Thanks …

Automatic how?

If I understand correct, I need this also.

I have base currency euro, once customers enter website they see prices in euro. But my main customers are from USA, so I need prices to be seen in USD for everyone entering site, but base should stay euro.

Oh yes. We have something integrated in our shop.

PM me if you are interested.

i’am dispose this problem thus in .htaccess:

[quote name=‘radog’]i’am dispose this problem thus in .htaccess:

DirectoryIndex index.php?¤cy=eur [/quote]

Yeah, this works very well when visitors enters through the Home page. However, it does not seem to work especially when visitors enter store from say Google and other search engine links previously indexed. So this is what I did in addition:

1. In “/customer/common_template/select_currency.tpl”, I changed the order of Currency Drop-down menu by replacing the code:

```php

- {$lang.none} -
{$currency.description} ({$currency.symbol})
```

with this

```php
- {$lang.none} - ```

The Alternate currency therefore became the Default currency.

2. I ALSO wanted to hide the currency selection Drop Down Menu so that Customers does not have the option to choose currencies OR 'not to see both currency simultaneously'; I therefore did this in addition:

In "/customer/top.tpl", I changed the code:
```php {include file="common_templates/select_currency.tpl"} ```

with

This now works perfectly whether client enter shop from home page or from a search engine link.

Hopes this helps somebody.

Thanks

[quote name=‘wisdomci’]Yeah, this works very well when visitors enters through the Home page. However, it does not seem to work especially when visitors enter store from say Google and other search engine links previously indexed. So this is what I did in addition:

1. In “/customer/common_template/select_currency.tpl”, I changed the order of Currency Drop-down menu by replacing the code:

```php

- {$lang.none} -
```

with this

```php
- {$lang.none} - ```

The Alternate currency therefore became the Default currency.

2. I ALSO wanted to hide the currency selection Drop Down Menu so that Customers does not have the option to choose currencies OR 'not to see both currency simultaneously'; I therefore did this in addition:

In "/customer/top.tpl", I changed the code:

with

This now works perfectly whether client enter shop from home page or from a search engine link.

Hopes this helps somebody.

Thanks[/QUOTE]

I can not understand where and what to change. Prompt.:confused:

{if $currencies && !$hide_currencies}
{if $settings.Addons.seo == 'Y' && $seo_url.href}
{assign var="qstring" value=$seo_url.page|fn_query_remove:'currency'}
{assign var="qaction" value="&sl='+this.value"}
{if !$qstring|strpos:'?'}{assign var="qstring" value="$qstring?"}{/if}
{else}
{assign var="qprefix" value="$index_script?"}
{assign var="qstring" value=$QUERY_STRING|fn_query_remove:'currency'}
{/if}

{if $settings.General.alternative_currency == "Y"}{$lang.alternative_currency}{else}{$lang.currency}{/if}:

{if $settings.General.alternative_currency == "Y"}
- {$lang.none} -
{/if}
{foreach from=$currencies item=currency}
{if !($settings.General.alternative_currency == "Y" && $currency.currency_code == $primary_currency)}
{/if}
{/foreach}

{/if}

in which folder to find .htaccess ? :confused:

You will find .htaccess file in your CScart install directory OR root directory if you installed it to www.yourdomain.com.

Thanks

[quote name=‘wisdomci’]You will find .htaccess file in your CScart install directory OR root directory if you installed it to www.yourdomain.com.

Thanks[/QUOTE]

Thank you. But I looked through all the available files. htaccess and never found such a combination. Apparently those who have installed have made changes.

I would understand. Thank you.

Depending on your hosting control panel, it maybe hidden. On mine, I had to click a button to show all hidden files. It was only then I can see .htaccess and similar hidden files.

Cheers.

[quote name=‘ALEXsei_’]Thank you. But I looked through all the available files. htaccess and never found such a combination. Apparently those who have installed have made changes.

I would understand. Thank you.[/quote]

[quote name=‘wisdomci’]Depending on your hosting control panel, it maybe hidden. On mine, I had to click a button to show all hidden files. It was only then I can see .htaccess and similar hidden files.

Cheers.[/QUOTE]

Thank you. Htaccess there, a lot. I just did not match any rows in which you want to change. as well as their lot, I do not know what this line might be. this line appears to the choice of currency removed when you installed and ruled that file.