Automatic Discount For Reviewers

We want to give a discount for the next order, only to customers which will review a product in our e-shop. If a customer make a product review, in his next order the discount will be removed automatically from the total order.

Is this possible to do without extra addons?

We use CS-Cart 4.1.2 version.

Best way is to use a coupon code that is hidden with a 'use once" setup. Publish the code upon completion of entering a review or build an addon that will send it in email to the customer after the admin approves the review. There's nothing out of the box that I'm aware of.

Hi tbirnseth,

please could you give some more analytic help about this:

Publish the code upon completion of entering a review

I can't find this condition in the cart promo conditions list, please see the screenshot I've attached.

Thanks!

conditions.jpg

Hi tbirnseth,

please could you give some more analytic help about this:

I can't find this condition in the cart promo conditions list, please see the screenshot I've attached.

Thanks!

It doesn't exist. That's why you need to do some development in order to trigger generation of an email upon that event.

Thanks!!

If you approve posts manually, you can add message with coupon code to the text_post_pended language variable. But in this case customers with fake or negative reviews will be also notified about the coupon code

The reviews can be different. It is better to make clear criteria of reviews that deserve a discount. Some customers will just say "Everything is ok" and others will write a story about your employees, the shipping service or product quality. I assume that you wait for the last type of comments on your website. We have the add-on "Extended reviews" that adds review attributes that will be rated by customers.

[sharedmedia=core:attachments:12584]
Also we can make a mod that creates a discount for customers who left a review according to your rules automatically. Just contact us at manager@alt-team.com
Best regards,
Alt-team.

reviews attributes.jpg

give analytic help please