Automatic DB backup - FYI

Hello Folks,

Here is another suggestion I wrote to CS on creating a task scheduler to run automatic backup by date and time needed it.

Hello DevTeam,

I think something that is missing on the Cs-Cart software is the ability to setup automatic backups on the DB Backup/Restore page. Like, it should have an scheduled calendar and other options enabling you to setup the date and time you want to perform the backups.

I think that suggestion could bring CS-Cart software ahead of its competitors as it already has.

Nitromojo

[quote name=‘nitromojo’]Hello Folks,

Here is another suggestion I wrote to CS on creating a task scheduler to run automatic backup by date and time needed it.

Hello DevTeam,

I think something that is missing on the Cs-Cart software is the ability to setup automatic backups on the DB Backup/Restore page. Like, it should have an scheduled calendar and other options enabling you to setup the date and time you want to perform the backups.

I think that suggestion could bring CS-Cart software ahead of its competitors as it already has.

Nitromojo[/QUOTE]

We should be ablt do it with Cron… may be soon… hope to have one ready

Any update on this? LOL It’s only a year old.

Besides the database other things would be nice as well like clean up templates cache and export to Google Base.

I am running a cron job, I can upload it here – essentially it backs up my entire website data structure as well as my entire database.

Perhaps this code can be taken by someone and added to cs-cart.

Let me know if you all find this useful.

sraza

siteanddbbackup.zip

Sounds interesting. I will try it.

We have something similar, cron based.