automatic account after buying?

[quote name=‘ashtek’]i think most customers would be happy to register if there was a shipping estimator.[/QUOTE]Not me … this is one of those instances where I’ll go elsewhere rather than give personal info when I’m window shopping. Require login to get a total cost and you’ve lost me as a customer.

BTW, the mini cart does have an estimator.

i meant if there was a shipping estimator. then if the price was right then they would be happy to register.

i try not to register on a site if i can help it.

Not sure if the minicart works on the latest release and my shipping is table based. :frowning:

Ahhh … I misread your post. I didn’t think you’d advocate forcing login for a total, but that’s how I read it, lol.

I would still prefer to opt-in if I want a merchant to retain my info for future use, just as I can choose whether to opt-in for a newsletter or sales notices. However, as stated above, giving private access to order tracking is a real benefit to customers, and can be done pretty transparently.

Haven’t gotten far enough to know if the estimator works under all conditons.

Actually, I’ll add this. I process my orders via my accounting software, not my cart software. I do retain all customer info other than payment info, simply as a transaction record. Unless I’m told to use the info for something further, the info is basically retired, and no future use is made of it.

I’m not clear on the legalities, but as I’m strictly online, I feel the need to retain a proof of sale specific to the customer. If I used that for other purposes, I’d feel specific permission was needed, so I retire the info.

[quote name=‘nwsco’]Hello,

(Maybe a stupid Q, but i’m new to cs-cart and i did read the manual…)

When a customer buys something for the first time:

when he checks out he gets 2 choices:

either login or continue buying without logging in.

Lets presume he continues without an account:

is it possible that after the sales, an account for this customer

is also automatically generated? (so he gets a pre-made password sent

, and the email adress is the username login)?

Thx![/QUOTE]

What I’m hoping to do is very similar, but only as an option; I would never force a customer to create an account!

Once someone is done with the checkout process, and they’ve already entered all their contact/shipping/biling information, how about providing them with a prompt that says something to the effect of, “Hey, now that you’ve bothered to type all that stuff in, why not just select a password for yourself, and we’ll create an account for you with the information you’ve provided us?”

I’ve seen other sites do this, and I think it’s an elegant way to encourage customers without accounts to create one.

Does anyone know of a way to do this? Or want to do this?