Auto select shipping method in calculator

Is it possible to have cs-cart update the cart costs automatically, without the customer selecting a shipping method after he/she clicks Get Rates?

I think a lot of us only have one shipping carrier / method and this would make it much easier for the customer (who always miss the select button).

Or should we make it so it automatically selects the cheapest one?

Is it possible? Sure… But is this really a change worth making? I'd guess your assumption about only one shipping method is probably not true. But you could make the case that if there is only one method for that location that it should apply the amount to the cart total automatically.

It would take one more ajax request with the $cart['recalculate'] set to true and the shipping variable set to the shipping_id of the method.

Actually, in the EU most countries have 1 or maybe 2 shipping companies that are interesting. I almost never get to choose which shipping company I’d like the webshop to use.

We use DHL, with whom we have a contract with a minimum order amount per year and therefore very good prices. So we only use them, because there is simply no competition.

Anyway, thanks for the tip. I’m gonna play around with a bit to see if I can get it to work :)

Agree with flow, we are also using only one shipping method and it’s should work in the same way.

Infect if you have only one shipping method then there is no need of clicking “Get Rates” button (if you are not fetching live rates), as customer select country simply show them shipping charges and add it to card. Why to click one more time to get shipping rates?

We are using fixed shipping charges of DHL on basis of weight slots we don;t fetch prices from shipping companies. Tried placing cm-ajax and jQueryAjax Request code on selection of country drop down box. But doesn’t worked :(

Hello,

How can i display shipping calculator on my cs-cart pages? so the customer can get rates before he/she purchase anything?

Go to settings - general - select [color=#067AA1][font=Tahoma, Arial, Verdana,]Estimate shipping cost on cart pag[/font][/color]

[color=#067AA1][font=Tahoma, Arial, Verdana,]Have users go to cart page first, then it will show there.[/font][/color]

[quote name=‘Flow’ timestamp=‘1323528419’ post=‘127646’]

Actually, in the EU most countries have 1 or maybe 2 shipping companies that are interesting. I almost never get to choose which shipping company I’d like the webshop to use.

We use DHL, with whom we have a contract with a minimum order amount per year and therefore very good prices. So we only use them, because there is simply no competition.

Anyway, thanks for the tip. I’m gonna play around with a bit to see if I can get it to work

[/quote]

This is because you are from Germany. In Germany DHL = post office.

I am using 2 carriers and looking for 3rd now…

How do I setup cs-cart so if order is above certain amount customer would not be allowed to use cheapest shipping method?

Hello guys,

How can i show a stand alone calculator, so allow the users to calculate their shipping cost based on a weight they put on that calculator?

And how can i allow the user to input the weight of the product on the product page, just like when he or she type in the price of the product?

[quote name='Darius' timestamp='1324469541' post='128209']

This is because you are from Germany. In Germany DHL = post office.

I am using 2 carriers and looking for 3rd now…

How do I setup cs-cart so if order is above certain amount customer would not be allowed to use cheapest shipping method?

[/quote]

That's what I said right? Most EU countries only have 1 or 2 carriers that matter so we usually don't need the choice. I mean, I could offer UPS and DHL… UPS being more then 3 times more expensive most of the times. So I don't see the need to offer UPS for most locations.

Got this working now and it stopped all questions and complaints from users :)

Feel free to contact me for the file.

[quote name='dawood.hana' timestamp='1324410535' post='128160']

Hello,

How can i display shipping calculator on my cs-cart pages? so the customer can get rates before he/she purchase anything?

[/quote]

You can create a block with the shipping estimator in and have it display on product pages. This way the customer can get the shipping cist without going to the cart.

But do note that it estimates shipping on the contents of the cart. Most previous inquiries were looking for ways to estimate shipping without adding the items to the cart.

Wow, I got many requests for this so I decided to put the file online… this works on 2.24 for sure but should work on more versions. DO backup your file before replacing.

[size=3][font=arial, sans-serif]unzip this file[/font][/size] http://flowing-webdesign.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/01/shipping_estimation.zip [size=3]in [font=arial, sans-serif] skins/[CUSTOMER_ACTIVE_SKIN]/customer/views/checkout/components[/font][/size]

[quote][color=#282828][font=arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif][size=3][font=arial, sans-serif]unzip this file[/font][/size][/font][/color][color=#282828][font=arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif] [/font][/color]http://flowing-webde…_estimation.zip[color=#282828][font=arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif] [/font][/color][color=#282828][font=arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif][size=3]in [font=arial, sans-serif]skins[/font][/size][/font][/color][/quote]

The link doesn't work, it is possible once again?

Just checkek, link does work… just click it, don't copy and paste, the forum shortens it.

Than you Flow,

Will try this on my site later on.

Thanks for sharing.

Flow you are AWESOME.

Thanks

flow thanks for this, so awesome

dear @Flow

it works in 4.2.2? thanks for share!

[quote name='Rafass' timestamp='1411281695' post='192593']

dear @Flow

it works in 4.2.2? thanks for share!

[/quote]

It doesn't, but I will make it and post it. I'm planning to launch with 4.2x in about 2 months.