Australian Webhosting for CS-Cart

Hi All,

Since I've moved back to Australia I've had a difficult time finding suitable server hosting that is engineered for high-traffic websites, specifically those suitable for CS-Cart. I've looked at options online and quite simply they are both expensive and respectively slow. A few companies I considered were not hosted in Australia, residing in US/HK datacenters. (MelbourneIT.com.au / Rackspace.com.au respectively.)

I've since found what I consider to be a suitable, Australian based datacentre that I'm most likely going to host Australian clients.

For Australian / NZ residents, answers to the following questions would be greatly appreciated.

#1) Is your website experiencing issues with latency?

ie: 200ms + pings to your domain

#2) Would you be willing to pay a premium to more resources on the server?

ie: 20 clients max per dedicated server

#3) For the most part, are you capable of administrating your own website, without assistance?

ie: “You” manage CS-Cart, “I” manage the server

To ensure everyone is on the same page - I'm considering offering shared-hosting accounts on the (read:my) server, limited to 20 total accounts.

Any questions would be appreciated, your current host would also be great in case they can provide a similar product.

Regards,

Jesse-Lee Stringer

#1) No

#2) Yes

#3) Yes

Very interested in what you come up with.

I am currently paying $37.30 /month for a self managed Cent VPS with 3ip, 512mb Ram, forget how much HD and data

[quote name='kogi' timestamp='1330489650' post='132304']

Very interested in what you come up with.

I am currently paying $37.30 /month for a self managed Cent VPS with 3ip, 512mb Ram, forget how much HD and data

[/quote]

Can I ask what your current host isn't providing?

[quote name='JesseLeeStringer' timestamp='1330509203' post='132316']

Can I ask what your current host isn't providing?

[/quote]

They have being good. But I always have a backup plan.

Looks like this thread is dead. Everyone with CS in Australia seems to have moved to other options?

Hi Jesse, I just saw this thread. We are currently getting a dedicated server provisioned through Net Logistics.

To answer your questions;

1. No
  2. yes
  3. No

There's a company called Bulletproof that offer unmanaged servers in the Globalswitch datacenter for competitive prices. I almost went with them, but I just don't have the expertise, or the time, to administer a web server.

Hi Scott,

I'll be looking into them both, irritating that they don't provide their pricing structure online.

At the rate I've been getting queries outside of the CS Forum, won't be long before I'm being forced to buy one.

J.

Jesse,

Have you looked at Micron21?

Alternatively, Whirlpool forum is another forum you could try for advice & info which I am assuming you might be familiar with.

Whirlpool is actually hosted on Bulletproof. The only catch with Bulletproof is that they don't allow Cpanel. (and they mostly monitor things like uptime, server health, etc, you're responsible for software configuration on your server)

[quote name='sellon' timestamp='1330946112' post='132611']

Jesse,

Alternatively, Whirlpool forum is another forum you could try for advice & info which I am assuming you might be familiar with.

[/quote]

[quote name='sellon' timestamp='1330946112' post='132611']

Jesse,

[/quote]

I considered Micron21 however their dedicated servers appear to be overpriced from comparisons.

[quote name='Scott_C' timestamp='1331040927' post='132673']

Whirlpool is actually hosted on Bulletproof. The only catch with Bulletproof is that they don't allow Cpanel. (and they mostly monitor things like uptime, server health, etc, you're responsible for software configuration on your server)

[/quote]

Bulletproof seems to be a little hefty in terms of pricing, but at least I can see the units I'm investing into. Why don't bulletproof allow cPanel? I'm happy to apply my own license if necessary.

Hi Jesse,

Have you looked at Ventraip they have servers in Brisbane, Sydney and Melbourne also their pricing is easy to see.

[quote name='maxam' timestamp='1331276727' post='132825']

Hi Jesse,

Have you looked at Ventraip they have servers in Brisbane, Sydney and Melbourne also their pricing is easy to see.

[/quote]

So far this appears to be the easiest and cheapest provider I've (You've) found. VPS with WHM/cPanel is only additional $15 which is what cost is for them!

Thank you VERY much Maxam!

Hi Jesse,

Looks like I came in at the right time.

I've been with VentraIP for 3 years - their support and service is outstanding as far as I'm concerned. I'm hosting 5 CS-Cart sites (among others obviously) with them, on the Sydney datacentre. All the sites have been cruisey for the past 12-18 months on shared hosting, however in the last 3 weeks I have been experience a lot of trouble with 2 of the sites exceeding resource usage and subsequently being suspended. Obviously not the web host's fault. Two days ago I upgraded to a Melbourne based VPS and they have been running great, now I'm just going through the daunting task of working out why they are all of a sudden resource hungry :S

Cheers

[quote name='innervision' timestamp='1332123070' post='133391']

…now I'm just going through the daunting task of working out why they are all of a sudden resource hungry :S

Cheers

[/quote]

Hi innervision,

Good to hear of your experience.

I am very interested to know what the 'sudden resource' drain might have been.

Do you think it was related to CS Cart, and/or, version 3 testing by any chance?

Curious to know as I am planning a few sites with VentraIP on shared.

Have a look at the store database and check the size of the following three tables;

cscart_stat_requests

cscart_stat_sessions

cscart_logs

Its possible they need to be cleaned out.

I run a digital agency in Sydney with servers in the Global Switch facility. Our office is located in the same building as Net Logistics. We are also listed as a compatible hosting business for CS Cart. We can offer shared hosting, dedicated servers, development and support for CS Cart.

We have a lot of customers running CS Cart on our shared hosting plans already.

I've thought about creating special hosting plans that limit the number of customers that are allowed on the servers to ensure maximum performance. We have recently finished our cloud hosting setup which means we can quickly deploy servers and will soon be offering high availability soon. Some of our shared servers have up to 32 GB of ram and 12 CPus. We can go up to 128 GB of ram and 24 CPUs if we need to.

I haven't tested the ping times from other cities but from our office, with a normal iiNet connection gives us around 29 ms.

We can also offer SSD for faster load times using PCIe SSD - up to 975 MB/s.

We will soon be offering CDN hosting as well using up to 44 points of presence around the world.

If I can help anyone with questions, please ask and I will do my best to help.

If posters could please keep on advising and reporting good cs cart hosts. I have lots of cscart customers and it is good to know where everyone else is hosting the shops. I have been working with Maksim from cscart on a new module and gee I have been impressed with the service!

Jesse

May be if you speak nicely to Indy, Martfox might consider setting up in Australia, though I know that Australia has a pretty strict border control for parasites!!!

:shock:

[quote name=‘BarryH’ timestamp=‘1342020866’ post=‘140461’]

Jesse

May be if you speak nicely to Indy, Martfox might consider setting up in Australia, though I know that Australia has a pretty strict border control for parasites!!!

:shock:

[/quote]

** CURRENT PROMOTIONAL SPECIAL

Free CS-Cart License and Free SSL with 10 Year Contract (Must be paid upfront)

** Guaranteed 99.9 % Downtime ** or your money back (Unless you attempt to move your site from our servers)

[quote name='Struck' timestamp='1342030059' post='140473']

** CURRENT PROMOTIONAL SPECIAL

Free CS-Cart License and Free SSL with 10 Year Contract (Must be paid upfront)

** Guaranteed 99.9 % Downtime ** or your money back (Unless you attempt to move your site from our servers)

[/quote] Sorry I have to say it “Free SSL with this package - but we will turn around and create a new invoice for the SSL a few days later and if you don't pay it we will then suspend all of your services” but seriously this is quite funny.