Assigning Product Features to Secondary Categories

Hi All

I am using the Secondary Categories feature of CS-Cart 2 and have found an issue with Product Features. I think it is best to explain with an example and hopefully someone can help.

I have a product which fits into the main category “Office Supplies” and also the sub-category of this “Adhesives & Tapes”. When I view the product in the admin area it correctly references “Office Supplies” as the main category and “Adhesives & Tapes” as a secondary category.

I have set up a product feature group called “Adhesives & Tapes” to which I have assigned the category “Adhesives & Tapes”. Theare are two features inside this group, “Type” and “Info”.

They do not appear on the product page on the storefront unless I assign the product feature group to “Office Supplies”.

Is this a known issue? Is there a fix or work around? Any help is appreciated.

Any help would be appreciated.

At the worst I would have to assosciate the Office Supplies category with the product feature.

The only issue here, is when I create a product filter for the 3D data mining, every single sub category feature inside Office Supplies will show when on the sub pages, instead of just the ones relevant to that sub category.

This is messy and I would probably not use the product filters, whihc is one of the best aspects of cs-cart.

I assume from the lack of response I am either not speaking English or this issue does not affect anyone else.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

I really would appreciate any assitance on this matter.

Merry xmas all. See you all in the new year.

Has anyone else encountered this issue?

[quote name=‘peteyb’]Has anyone else encountered this issue?[/QUOTE]

Sorry tried to help you out and create a product feature on my site and after I add a test group and add it to a category and hit create it does not even show that I created a group. But when I go to add feature I can see under the group drop down now it shows test group.

thanks for having a go, this will be a real shame if it does not work, as the product filters is one of the major plus’s of cs-cart.

I am experiencing the same issue. It appears that for features to work, they need to be assigned to the main category that the product is in. So the way I listed my things to work around this is, make what would logically be the secondary category the main and vice versa. It looks messed up on the backend but it works for me;)

If you don't assign the features to any categories then they are available for all the categories.

By not assigning categories it can make the page kind of long in the admin, but it totally depends on how many features you have.

Brandon

[quote name='brandonvd' timestamp='1308786784' post='115534']

If you don't assign the features to any categories then they are available for all the categories.

By not assigning categories it can make the page kind of long in the admin, but it totally depends on how many features you have.

Brandon

[/quote]

I did see that but as you say it can make for a rather long features list.

It seems odd that you can't specify which features you want to assign to a particular sub category by just adding that sub cat to the categories for the feature.