Assigning Block Layout To Newly Created Product Page - help required!

[color=#282828][font=arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif]Hi Guys,[/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif]We've just got our license for Cs Cart (3.0.6) and eagerly ploughing away to get the site up and running. I am feeling my way around the system but have hit brick wall. I'm sure it's a very simple solution that someone could point me in the right direction of.[/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif]We have various different product lines and we want to have a slightly different page layout for one particular product line. [/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif]I have copied and renamed the default_template.tpl in the Skins folder which determines the default product page layout.[/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif]My new template now appears as a selectable layout option on the product setup pages. [/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif]I've also added a “location” in the block manager set-up the layout I want for the alternative style product page.[/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif]The problem is, I cannot see how I assign the new block location I've created to the new product layout template I've created.[/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif]As it stands if I set a particular product's “product details layout” to my newly created template it displays the default product block layout. [/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif]Could someone point me in the right direction in terms of how to assign a newly created block layout to a newly created template page?[/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif]I'm assuming this something very elementary I just cannot find this key piece of information in the documentation or forums - I'm sure I'm missing something very obvious![/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif]Many thanks in advance for your help![/font][/color]

Hi @AMS,

[quote][color=#282828][font=arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif]My new template now appears as a selectable layout option on the product setup pages.[/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif]I've also added a “location” in the block manager set-up the layout I want for the alternative style product page.[/font][/color][/quote]

Product page has already a location created “Products” (Dispatch: products.view) and is unique for the moment

You can hide some blocks from some product [color=#282828][font=arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif]lines by editing template[/font][/color], you can use http://forum.cs-cart…ce-on-template/

If you have any questions, please feel free to ask

Valentin