Are these Modifications easy to make?

I would like to be able mass move categories easily like select check boxes of products then be able to move them all at once instead of having to do each one manually?

Also I have weekly code changes from suppliers sometimes and need a easy way to change codes where I can just upload a CSV with OLD CODE in one column and then NEW CODE in another column?

Any idea how hard this would be to do?

[quote name='Gizmo' timestamp='1353496353' post='149653']

I would like to be able mass move categories easily like select check boxes of products then be able to move them all at once instead of having to do each one manually?

[/quote]

Select all products and use bulk edit feature …bottom of screen under choose action function. OR if you have loads to do then probably easier if you do admin >export, to a csv just the product code and category, then do a find and replace in your spreadsheet to change all the categories and re import them in with same product code and they will move categories

[quote]

Also I have weekly code changes from suppliers sometimes and need a easy way to change codes where I can just upload a CSV with OLD CODE in one column and then NEW CODE in another column?

Any idea how hard this would be to do?

[/quote]

Similar to above, but in bulk edit choose product code then you can type them all in in batches of about 100 at a time, but if you have lots the lets say you have 200 products in a category called spares, you would export all those product fields. Then in excel add you the new codes in the Product code field, re import all data back in to a category called say…spares 2.

once you are happy that everything is working correctly disable or delete the first category “spares” and the re name the “spares 2” to “Spares” so everything is back where is was…* note you must have deleted the original “spares” category for the cart to allows the new “spares” category to be created without causing you seo problems.